New Stormtrack logo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps nothing appealed to Tim V. in the end.

Likely other priorities though.

Likely other priorities though.

That's exactly it. I know Tim was doing a ton of work last month finishing his newest book, and I'm sure there is more work to be done revolving around it now that its out the door. I know he's also preparing for a forecasting class at ChaserCon. So yes, I think the logo contest has been bumped (at least for now) by other priorities.

That's exactly it. I know Tim was doing a ton of work last month finishing his newest book, and I'm sure there is more work to be done revolving around it now that its out the door. I know he's also preparing for a forecasting class at ChaserCon. So yes, I think the logo contest has been bumped (at least for now) by other priorities.

Hi Skip...

Was wondering if there could be a poll started to narrow down all of the fine entries in the mean time. At least down to 3-5 so that some of the work has been done before Tim could re-focus.
Might make it easier on him a bit...
Just a thought...

Now that the new book is on the shelf and being sold can this contest be revisited? By the way, I'm enjoying reading the new book although I have noticed a couple of typos that may need to be fixed in future editions.

I would reccomend one of the moderators take the intiative and create several threads LOGO CONTEST #1 , #2, #3 and then do a final one next week. Then just email Tim on Wxgraphics and it will all be taken care of. That's how these logo contests worked in the past as Tim rarely had the time to set up and follow them.

Messing around in Photoshop when I should be in bed.
Banner2.jpg

or without the radar.
Banner3.jpg

Maybe you can get this going Skip? We would all like to see this contest finally be over.

Yes Skip would be fine, or Jeff Snyder would work as well. Skip is always here each day and Jeff Snyder knows how everything on this board works. In case it isn't apparent we are chomping at the bit to vote and put this behind us!!

Yes Skip would be fine, or Jeff Snyder would work as well. Skip is always here each day and Jeff Snyder knows how everything on this board works. In case it isn't apparent we are chomping at the bit to vote and put this behind us!!

I e-mailed Tim Vasquez about this thread with no reply but I know he is busy. I then e-mailed Skip and offered to hold some polls so we can put this behind us and he seemed to think Tim had this on the back burner for a long time and Tim may just do his own poll at a later date so there is no point. However I was told it is ok for a member to collect the images and put them in a few polls and let people vote but the logo probably won't be used any time soon if at all so I don't feel like wasting my time speeding this up for nothing.

I hear you Matthew. When I go back and read the very first post and then think about all of the hard work certain folks put into their designs it kind of bums me out as I originally thought this was a good idea. Since it seems to have died a slow death and no one really cares about it any longer, I'm going to 4th and 10 this thread and move on.

I think I'll just use my logo on my site to link back to here so then it'll get at least a little use. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back