New Stormtrack logo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my "attempts" at a logo.

img8075.png

img8408.png

Awesome!!! I imagine anything Campo related will be an automatic front runner.... That is one thing I am missing in my career. I have seen tornadoes of all shapes and sizes but never that white photogenic rope/trunk (See Rice, Campo, Mulvane) I am usually on the wrong side of the tornado to see that. Awesome!

How many logos per member?

Thanks so much everyone and I assume this sudden interest is due to the PMs I sent out earlier.

One thing I wanted to flesh out is how many logos per member should we allow in the interim (runoff) polls? I am leaning towards one because of the poll limitations Tim mentioned in a prior post. He indicated the system only allows 10 choices per poll, so we will have to create multiple runoff polls when the voting commences. Therefore, if members have submitted multiple logos we will end up with more polls and the voting will be much more complex if that makes sense (Jason Boggs 1, Jason Boggs 2, etc.). Help me decide this issue as I am open to your suggestions and your input is definitely valuable as far as I'm concerned.

If we decide to do one logo per member that will mean that each member will need to decide on their favorite logo to submit for voting consideration, but that decision has yet to be made so let me know what you're thinking.

I think we should do it where people nominate 5 names or so. Once those 5 are decided, they submit their best 2 pieces of work. 5 x 2 = 10 poll choices? I am not sure exactly how many people entered. I was going to suggest we lock this thread after you sent out your PMs, create a new one, and have everyone involved submit their best one or two so we can have it up to date and organized.

Awesome!!! I imagine anything Campo related will be an automatic front runner.... That is one thing I am missing in my career. I have seen tornadoes of all shapes and sizes but never that white photogenic rope/trunk (See Rice, Campo, Mulvane) I am usually on the wrong side of the tornado to see that. Awesome!

Thanks Danny! Honestly, I got very lucky with the Campo tornado. I just happened to be in the right spot at the right time. I'm also usually on the wrong side of the storm to get "the shot".

I've been thinking about how to do this, and I like Danny's ideas pretty well.

Had some free time so I put together a few others along with a redesign of the original I did. Kinda pointless since I dont have a Campo image.

Original
DSC_0492_1.jpg

New Images
DSC_0106_1.jpg
DSC_0208_1.jpg

DSC_0211_1-1.jpg
DSC_0601_2.jpg

DSC_0601_3.jpg

And yes, I was bored.

With the help of Darren Addy, I'd like to submit an updated version of one of my previous entries.

stormtrack2010.jpg

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am busy behind the scenes organizing this contest. I appreciate all of the efforts from everyone and am happy to see that there are some new logo submissions that are looking awesome. We have many quality contenders in this thread that would provide the forum with a much needed face lift and once the contest is over there will be 1 proud winner whose logo will be displayed on Stormtrack. Please refer to the original contest instructions for the proper logo size and the prize that is up for offer Contest Instructions.

I wanted to ask those of you who have submitted multiple logos to narrow the choices down to your 2 favorite logos, otherwise this is going to be too difficult to manage. If you could put up a new post with your 2 favorite logos I will note it for the upcoming polls. If I don't hear from those of you who have submitted multiple logos a decision will be made by a committee to put the 2 best logos that were submitted into the preliminary polls. I will do my level best to track down those who don't respond with their 2 favorite logo choices, but in the event that I cannot reach the person the decision will be made by the committee. The committee will consist of myself, 4 regular members, 1 current staff member, and 1 prior staff member for a total of 7. Some of the details are still being ironed out so keep checking here frequently for the latest information. Thanks again for your participation and I am looking forward to wrapping this up in the very near future.

danny2-1-1-1.jpg

trapped-1-2.jpg

Tough call for #2..... I liked a couple, ultimately I chose the tornado from when we were trapped in the farm field.

** Again if chose I will remove the watermark from #1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost forgot about the size rule. Here is the final version that's within the guidelines.

rszstormtrack2010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back