New Stormtrack logo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Reed needs anymore advertizing than he already has.
Didya see that car commercial he is in?
He's gonna be a movie star!
:D
Maybe we need to narrow down the candidates and then select one out of 3 or 4 finalists?
Anyone second that motion?

stormtrack3.jpg

Wonder why everyone is "running" and not driving their chase vehicles?? How about a couple of DOWs, Sean's TIV and Reed's Dominator?? :D:D

They all ran out of gas cause summer prices skyrocketed. Sean was chasing the wrong storm, the DOW's didn't want to be part of the gang, and well that's Reed flying around the twister. We told him his dominator wasn't tough enough. ;)

If somebody wants to design a logo, i've got the perfect one. Since i've noticed with the winter storm systems, you guys kind of neglect the severe thunderstorm aspect of them and focus on the snow and ice, how bout a 4-panel background w/ lightning in the upper LH corner, blizzard in the upper RH corner, Tornado (wedge) in the lower LH corner and flash flooding in the lower RH corner. Have the wording STORMTRACK.ORG from upper LH to upper Central. Have "serving the weather community since 1977" centered along the bottom. Now that would be the PERFECT logo, IMO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day all,

I figured I give this one a shot as all of your attempts are awesome candidates!

Here is mine...

atstlogo.jpg

Logo is 120 pixels high and 480 wide...

Good day all,

I figured I give this one a shot as all of your attempts are awesome candidates!

Here is mine...

atstlogo.jpg

Logo is 120 pixels high and 480 wide...

Now there is a near winner to me. The 'STORMTRACK' text needs to be a little bigger, but at least this one incorporates the tropical side as well. Drop the 'red cross', integrate the radar graphic a little more, and blend the four background images a little more and bam. Oh, and wat is the item on the lower most left...which looks like a bare car speaker?

Good day all,

I will throw this one out there too...

atstlogo2.jpg

It's a bit simpler, bigger text, blended images more, removed Red Cross logo, and replaced camera lens with camcorder.

The more I look at it, the more I like this design by Gerritt Gulden.

It's simple, clean, and elegant, a single, compelling image that tells a story, combined with a nice font. Might need a little tweaking, but it's a great foundation.

I'm not a designer, but I spent many years in book publishing working with graphics people and with teams mulling over cover designs. Often, the simplest approach has been the best approach. Try to say too much with multiple images/collages in a limited space and you just wind up with a cluttered header that distracts rather than entices. You only need to tell a part of the story--a "hook," if you will, to draw people in.

That's my two cents as a non-designer, offered with due respect to all of you who have shared your time, talents, and ideas.

Here is my submission. It is basic - but I like basic ;)

stormtracklogo.jpg

Good day all,

Kinda sad seeing this potentially interesting thread getting bumped because of the "copyright infringement reports" thread. No one posted here for nearly a month.

I guess new ST Logos are the last thing on anyones minds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back