My 2006 svr wx forecast

Weigh in. How many considerable (at least 15-20 tornadoes) outbreaks will we have this year?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well I am encouraged that 70% of the people that voted on the poll through Sunday afternoon are optimistic about the season.

Never meant to cause such a debate over "chaser heaven" like some said.

The reason we probably haven't had an F5 is because they are so rare. They don't just come down in droves in a season. But it would seem that we are due.

I think my outlook was a little bold since some other people I've talked to have a more pessimistic outlook on severe weather season. I'm encouraged by the weak La Nina developing though...and it is amazing when you line up all the greatest outbreaks and the majority are in Nina years.

Buckle in!

...Alex Lamers...

Here is a rudimentary map of deadly tornadoes/outbreaks I could find for the La Nina years Alex listed, 1953, 1959, 1967, 1979, and 1984.

Also, another to add is Adair, Iowa on June 27, 1953, an F5 which claimed one life.

Click the image again when the PicTiger page opens for a full size version.

If a wedge is in the field, not damaging anything its all good, nobody likes to see homes & lives turned upside down. When we see something, we go from chaser to spotter, may help to save a life hopefully. Hence the Flora tornado in 97 I believe. Wife seen the funnel developing, at dark, we alerted NWS Lincoln to what was up. They warned it &alot of good people had some extra time to get to shelter. Felt real good too. We was hooked.
Kevin

Back