ChaserCon 2016

Definitely will be there. Excited it is going to be this way finally!

We had our inaugural Chasercon up in Canada this past October, and I'm excited to be making the trip down to OKC this Jan from Calgary to see how you guys do it, and hopefully meet some cool folks!

Trying to decide if I should buy more chasing equipment or attend, ugh! I have much to learn but can do lots of it on this site. Is it worth the trip ($850) for a new chaser?

Trying to decide if I should buy more chasing equipment or attend, ugh! I have much to learn but can do lots of it on this site. Is it worth the trip ($850) for a new chaser?

I think it is worthwhile, especially for a new chaser. The talks are usually good and it is a chance to meet and chat with other chasers. Don't forget to take the forecast class. There are also usually interesting chaser related items for sale. I heard that the reserved block of rooms has sold out though there may be non block rooms available or ones in a different hotel. I don't know if the actual conference will sell out.

Since I now live in the Dallas area, Norman is just a few hours up I-35. I'm already registered and excited about going again after skipping last year.

One of these days, I would love to go to one of these. I'd love to meet a lot of you in person at least once, have a drink and chat a bit. *sighs* One of these days...

You can watch the live streams from the past few years on Youtube I think still. Its costs us NW'rs a little more to make it to the plains, so that $850 goes a long way for chase related stuff lol. But someday I plan on going.

Has anyone heard how attendance is looking? Just curious if the venue change is something our community is supporting well.

Seems like it is doing OK based upon this post

The Embassy Suites room block is officially SOLD OUT. They may still have rooms, but no guarantee you can get the convention rate now. Also, registrations are coming in fast and furious and there's a good chance by around Jan 10th, they will also be SOLD OUT. Thus, PLEASE don't wait too long to register if you plan on attending!

This will be my first one to attend and I probably wouldn't have gone to one had it stayed in Colorado. I imagine there will be many like me who just drive in each day from home.

I think it is worthwhile, especially for a new chaser. The talks are usually good and it is a chance to meet and chat with other chasers. Don't forget to take the forecast class. There are also usually interesting chaser related items for sale. I heard that the reserved block of rooms has sold out though there may be non block rooms available or ones in a different hotel. I don't know if the actual conference will sell out.
Well, I have decided to attend ChaserCon. I have so much to learn and with the ability to listen and talk with knowledgeable chasers, I hope to cut out hours of wasted time in searching the internet for what I think I should be learning. I look forward to meeting you all in a few weeks.

Back