CHASE CASE 6

Woke up lateish so missed the 12z and caught the 15z stuff. Looks like trying to play the low development near SW Kansas will pay off today. I'm going to drive to get to Greensburg, KS and wait for development there.

In Olathe at 16:30Z. Sure wish I could see current radar and/or vis satellite, because the 15Z satellite suggests that the developments near Pratt could be the start of the Real Deal in a few hours. Bailing on Chanute and lunch, and heading down the freeway to El Dorado, KS, by 18:30Z for the next update.

I haven't been on ST all morning, so I just am now seeing 12, 15, and 16Z outlooks. Since Western KS is pretty much out of play for me at this point, I'm going to sit tight in Des Moines and play along the Surface low to my west in a couple hours.

I'll take a shower first, clean out the truck, gas up, and head over to a restaurant to sit down with coffee and BACON and enjoy a delicious breakfast.

Just woke up in Kingsdown KS, going back to sleep for a while.

Dropping south to catch the southern part of that squall line. Lets hope it produces something!

EDIT: Towards Wichita, KS

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot's of stuff going up to my north and to my west. The radar images are tiny, but I guess I'll pick a cell and start north on 35 out of Des Moines towards Clear Lake/Mason City, IA.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Iowa?

Going east to play the south end of the line in southern Kansas near Pratt.

EDIT: Disregard Pratt, KS... switching further south to the development near Alva, OK and keep trying to play the tail on this line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back