CHASE CASE 6

Will stay overnight in Presho SD. I prefer upper wind support even at the expense of some dews and instability with the added chance of some boundaries kicking about from overnight convection if I'm reading the charts rights (I'm probably not!). This should give me a range of chansing anywhere in SD and most of NE should I get up for the 12z update on chase day.

Sitting this one out. Screw the cold front north and cap to the south. If I had to go I'd go south. Will go to Kingsdown KS, someone twisted my arm.

IMO these would be better with zero SPC outlooks.

Put me at Hebron NE. From there I can go north to the interstate thus allowing an east or west run and it also sets me up to go back south into KS.

Well, as usual, I will stay the night in the comfort of my own home and wake up early to check out data and head to my target area, wherever that might be. Put me at home in St. Joseph, MO til morning please.

And thank you for gettin another one goin Matt, was wondering when the next one would come about! :D I am enjoying these since i wasnt able to participate in the past offseasons.

No problem Randy. I may try to get another one started for this coming week. As you may have heard, we have a major winter storm heading our way this coming week. What a better way to spend the day stranded at home in a blizzard than engaging in a chase case. I hope we get slammed with 2' of snow.:D

Think I'll set up camp at O'Neill NE and maybe have a triple pt. on Day 2 chase if wave timing can be good. I'll monitor the morning data and make adjustments as needed.

Sitting this one out. Screw the cold front north and cap to the south. If I had to go I'd go south. Will go to Kingsdown KS, someone twisted my arm.

IMO these would be better with zero SPC outlooks.

I PERSONALLY AGREE WITH YOU MIKE. ON THE FIRST CASE ALOT OF MEMBERS REQUESTED IT. I USE SPC OUTLOOKS WHEN I CHASE, SO I PLACE IT IN THERE TO MAXIMIZE DATA AND TO GIVE A BROAD TARGET AREA FOR EVERYONE TO ZONE IN ON. ON THE NEXT CASE I WILL LEAVE IT OUT ON THE 0Z DATA SO EVERYONE CAN REFINE FORECAST SKILLS/ABILITIES TO FORECAST WITHOUT THE SPC. OFTEN THE OUTLOOK IS MORE OR LESS A RED HERRING A FEW DAYS OUT OR EVEN DAY 1 SIMPLY BECAUSE DATA CHANGES AND THE HATCHED AREAS CHANGE.

Just place me right smack dab in the middle of that slight risk! ;) (I am just kidding of course)

OK RANDY! I WILL PLACE YOU IN SPOKANE, WASHINGTON IF THAT IS OK WITH YOU. THEY ARE JUST ON THE WESTERN FRINGE OF THE SLIGHT RISK AREA. JK OF COURSE

0Z SYNOPTIC

2942vxe.gif

Considering the shortwave on the backside of the trough and the speed max associated with it I too believe this system won't make too much progress as it digs over the next 12-24 hours. I will stay the night in Salina, KS. This will allow me to go north or south in the morning.

I'll wait until new data comes out later on, but I like the area near Dodge City, KS.

Back