Alltel offers unlimted mobile broadband (500kb/s+) for $25 a month

Anyone know if that area of w KS is fixed yet? The area they said they had problems with the sprint towers? That's got me wondering about tomorrow down there.

might want to call sprint about that issue cause if you file a trouble ticket with Alltel you will be waiting 3 to 5 days :rolleyes:

might want to call sprint about that issue cause if you file a trouble ticket with Alltel you will be waiting 3 to 5 days :rolleyes:

Alltel has known about it for a while now, so there's no sense in doing anything. They said they were working on it. I just wondered if anyone had been through there in the last month or two and noticed it working better or not.

Alltel has known about it for a while now, so there's no sense in doing anything. They said they were working on it. I just wondered if anyone had been through there in the last month or two and noticed it working better or not.

Worked great from Kinsley to Larned to Great Bend back up to Russell on 4/24.

Mike,

I have Alltel and tether. Haven't had any problems staying connected other than the usual problems near state borders. Have had lots problems between US 36 and the KS/NE state line but south of there to I-70 has been great. Haven't been south of I-70 other than between Goodland and Sharon Springs. No problems at all staying connected along that stretch of K-27.

I have an Alltel broadband card that hooks into your USB port. I just switched over this year from Verizon. The download speeds are faster and the coverage area is a lot better. There are some holes that I have noticed around the Kansas region this season. I have not chased much up in the northwest portion of the state, so I won't be any help to those chasing up there tomorrow. Barber and Harper Counties in Kansas are really spotty south of highway 160. The counties adjacent to those in Oklahoma are pretty bad too. I don't get much of a signal in northern Hodgeman County, northwest of Jetmore either. Out in far western Kansas, you will loose connection right before and into eastern Colorado, south of I-70. Those are the only three areas I have had major problems this season. I do not have an amplifier either. I-70 and I-35 are awesome. I was connected without interruption from Goodland, Kansas all the way back to Wichita when returning from a chase in eastern Colorado!

Back