• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

80s-90s Chase Forecasting/On The Road Documentation

Justin Stillman

Enthusiast
I’ve been very into trying to dig up past chasing logs and detail on both pre chase forecasting techniques and on the road equipment/methods from the 80s and 90s lately. With so much being lost to the internet’s lack of archival, do any of you have some more good sources not so easily found or thought of?

There used to be the Stormtrack Magazine archives that would cover quite a bit of that linked from here:

However, those links don't work. You may want to resurrect this thread where the question was asked 6 years ago. Maybe it's been answered in another thread but my search didn't turn up anything.

Y
There used to be the Stormtrack Magazine archives that would cover quite a bit of that linked from here:

However, those links don't work. You may want to resurrect this thread where the question was asked 6 years ago. Maybe it's been answered in another thread but my search didn't turn up anything.

Yea I’ve kind of given up hope on the ST Archives, I’ve looked everywhere including archived pages to try to find copies and they just don’t exist anymore publicly :(.

I’m going to start digging through whatever old listservs and newsgroups are left soon after some initial finds but even the hosts of whats left sure don’t make it easy to navigate anymore

Back