4/07/06 NOW: Midwest and South

Justin...looks like the worst of the Tornadic Supercell 'should' stay just South of downtown Murfreesboro. I do think that part of the cell will go over the city with some strong winds and hail. But the tornado threat should remain south. Keep an eye on it in case it moves further north.

PS: Wall cloud now showing up on Nashville, TN streaming video.
[/b]

Vandy childrens hospital cam:

vandycam.jpg

Tornado on the ground in spring hill along with baseball hail.
the storm in perry and benton county is looking very healthy. is there a storm that has not produced a tornado?

NEWS 2 just tracked the columbia storm right into the southern part of murfreesboro. right over my house. i will talk to yall as soon as i can. i have to get the shelter ready.

I-440 area just south of downtown Nashville and the Berry Hill area will have the highest risk of the tornado touching down again as the supercell passes through the city....

At the end of the last segment on the weather channel they were showing live coverage from nashville stations and it looked like a live truck was watching a decent tornado on the ground, but they cut away from it really quick for commercials....

Southern half of Nashville could be a huge tornado disaster. In the process of upgrading my outlook from earlier...as I just got back to see that cloud cover did indeed erode away nicely.
[/b]

Webcams showing downtown Nashville getting hammered by hail...quarter sized reported.

Southern half of Nashville could be a huge tornado disaster. In the process of upgrading my outlook from earlier...as I just got back to see that cloud cover did indeed erode away nicely.
[/b]

So far no tornado reports for south Nashville.... at least anything significant....

Justin Bailey....Regarding your earlier post. Update: Supercell is tracking a lot closer to your house. It looks like at least the very large hail will be over Murfreesboro itself. Tornado itself may pass just south of downtown Murfreesboro....but it will be a very close call. Wind damage looks very likely though.

Baseball to softball sized hail is going to pass near your house. I hope you have a garage for your car. Take shelter my friend.....

So far no tornado reports for south Nashville.... at least anything significant.... [/b]

SRV from KHPX indicates that the rotation on the supercell over southern Nashville is not nearly as impressive as before, nor is it as intense as the incredible supercell heading towards Mufreesboro (south of Nashville). I think that northern supercell may be feeling the effects of being north of that southern storm (the meso is ~20 miles north of the meso on the southern superclel). That southern supercell has had an amazing mesocyclone for the past few hours. The "new" supercell moving northern northern Perry county (meso just south of I44) is very strong as well, and that one is heading towards Nashville as well.

Initiation ongoing in southeastern AR, northeastern LA, and northern MS. The winds have veered a bit I think, so it'll be interesting to see how these evolve. In addition, the number of storms developing could either be good (storm interacting destructively, etc) or bad (widespread tornadic supercells).

Justin Bailey....Regarding your earlier post. Update: Supercell is tracking a lot closer to your house. It looks like at least the very large hail will be over Murfreesboro itself. Tornado itself may pass just south of downtown Murfreesboro....but it will be a very close call. Wind damage looks very likely though.

Baseball to softball sized hail is going to pass near your house. I hope you have a garage for your car. Take shelter my friend.....
[/b]

GR2AE estimates hail to 3.6" in diameter heading for Murfreesboro
estimated 3.8" hail now passing just north of Overall, TN

Severe hail shaft is now 5-7 miles wide. Area of hail larger than 2" hail is now 2.5 miles wide.

Latest radar from Ft. Campbell indicates another large tornado warned cell in northern Perry county with a strong shear couplet approaching Lobelville area. If this storm continues on its current path we could be dealing with another very dangerous situation for the Nashville area.

BWER_2100z_Nashville.jpg

GR2AE Hail algorithms projecting hail to 2.5" in diameter falling across parts of Murfreesboro as we speak....

Storms really filling in all the way down to LA.... in the area of greatest shear and instability... I think the main show might just be getting started....

Nashville CH5 now has callers reporting fatalities in Gallatin, TN...

Back