4/07/06 NOW: Midwest and South

the people traped in the community college are reportedly all ok. HOwever, the dickson co. supercell has a tornado on the ground according to wkrn. and the trousdale co. storm now has a confirmed tornado on the ground again.

The columbia storm is headed straight for me...GULP

day1.tornado.gif

wow 60%! :blink:

Justin...yes, tornado is confirmed on the ground in Dickson County, heading for downtown Nashville.

At 4:15pm EDT; the city of Nashville is now under a TOR Warning for a confirmed tornado on the ground.

Justin...yes, tornado is confirmed on the ground in Dickson County, heading for downtown Nashville.

At 4:15pm EDT; the city of Nashville is now under a TOR Warning for a confirmed tornado on the ground.
[/b]

Storm is actually moving just south of ESE at this time.... Will miss central Nashville but can hit the southern half of the city.

Oh gosh i just noticed CNN is using the radar from Nashville and its not updating and he said it would be at least 45 minutes before it got to just west of the city.... idiot.....

Storm is actually moving just south of ESE at this time.... Will miss central Nashville but can hit the southern half of the city.

Oh gosh i just noticed CNN is using the radar from Nashville and its not updating and he said it would be at least 45 minutes before it got to just west of the city.... idiot.....
[/b]

Nashville skycams

the storm just north of columbia does look very impressive. i would be surprised if there is not a tornado on the ground. local radar showing winds of 110 mph one way. howie, do you think that storm will go south of murfreesboro?

EDIT: confirmed brief tornado touchdown north of columbia

EDIT: news 2 city cam showing the supercell. very good structure. nice beaver tail, and what appear to be a small RFD notch. could produce at any time.

Noticed the same thing Scott. He said about 40-45 min before the storms reached Nashville. Hopefully the people there are not watching CNN for their updates.

Major damage to Volunteer State Community in Gallatin, TN (NW of Nashville metro) college from Nashville CH5...
also a wall cloud on their skycam.....

Fantastic storm split in western TN ... right mover developing a very nice hook

Scott Lincoln ... any deaths reported ... I'm trying to see how well people prepared

Major damage to Volunteer State Community in Gallatin, TN (NW of Nashville metro) college from Nashville CH5...
also a wall cloud on their skycam.....
[/b]

Trained storm spotters reporting a large tornado on the ground north of Columbia TN, moving toward suburban (N'ville) Franklin County.

Justin...looks like the worst of the Tornadic Supercell 'should' stay just South of downtown Murfreesboro. I do think that part of the cell will go over the city with some strong winds and hail. But the tornado threat should remain south. Keep an eye on it in case it moves further north.

PS: Wall cloud now showing up on Nashville, TN streaming video.

Back