3/4 FCST: Thursday Southern Plains

Sun is shining in Dallas now......

The sun has broken through the clouds in the D/FW area, should get some surface heating going soon.

Chris

This whole thing's going gangbusters. If you live/are chasing anywhere between Norman and Denton today - be on your guard.

I think we'll be investing in a tornado shelter this year when all is said and done, living in Oklahoma.

There is a huge risk out for an area in Oklahoma between Norman and Ardmore for tornado potential. Long lived, strong tornadoes.

You can't chase any of this. It'll be moving faster that you on a highway. Choose a secure spot to watch it roll over you, if you must. Maybe on top of the correct type of overpass - with scalable concrete girders underneath.

Nervously,

Karen Rhoden
South Norman, Oklahoma

www.stormskies.com

I've just hung up with TomT and David Drummond. They are on I-20 in Eastland County Texas. They report lots of low level rotation, the clear slot has closed there and they just reported 2 funnels and now rotation on the ground. He hung up so they could get out of the way.. ITS HAULING

I just spoke with TomT and David Drummond. They have ended early due to being blocked on HWY 180 near Mineral Wells TX.. Apparently there is tornado damage, and the road is closed..
David is taking images.. more info to come

UPDATE: The road was just reopened and they are heading back out

What an incredible bow echo NE of Whichita Falls!! This entire thing is out of this world.....and it's still early!!

How is this thing even chasable??

It's not chaseable is it? Some of those storms are moving at 75mph!! :shock:

Every time I refresh my radar, the bulk of the goodies seem to have moved way more than I'm used to. Based on the bows I've seen so far, I wonder if anybody will spot a clockwise funnel today.

Wichita Falls 91 mph. Fort Sill (Lawton) reported gust to 70 mph -- labelled as estimated but they will carry estimated on anemometers when it's not the sensor on the active runway. Duncan got nailed with 59 mph. This is some serious stuff.

Tim

KSPS 041924Z COR 19054G79KT 0SM +TSRA FG OVC018CB 19/17 A2952 RMK AO2
TSB10E12B24RAB24 PRESRR TS OHD MOV NE FRQ LTGICCG RVRNO $=
KFSI 041955Z COR 23034G61KT 1/4SM +TSRA BKN008CB 0VC020 16/14 A2950 RMK PRESFR
FRQ LTGICCG TS OHD-8N MOV N SLPNO WR// WND DATA ESTMD COR 2010=
KDUC 042014Z AUTO 21027G51KT 2 1/2SM +VCTSRA BKN016 OVC022 17/16 A2954 RMK AO2
LTG DSNT ALQS P0019=

I notice that SPC are expecting the serious stuff to hit the OKC Metro area around 3pm - I do hope people are taking note of the skies and NWS weather warnings!! There are also some more descreet cells forming ahead of the main front now.

Tom T and David Drummond just checked in with me. They are in Northwest Parker County. They have observed a steel frame building where some of the steel beams has been ripped from the concrete. He believes this to be at least F2 damage and will report more on what he saw when he gets back. BTW they have lots of pictures and video

Back