3/12/06 NOW: KS/MO

Good lord. A new warning for KC, second tornado timed to be there around 240 PM per the warning. I have 243 PM per my own extrapolation. TVS on the cell now...looks pretty good...this one could actually have a tornado on the ground moving into KC metro.

Sirens went off again in Olathe a few minutes ago, but KEAX doppler seems to show the cells passing north of the city.

TV is focusing on a storm on the E-NE side of metro, with helicopter footage showing rotation near Worlds of Fun.

Anytime in the next couple of hours we should start to see storms fire up in Oklahoma in watch 74.

On a lighter note, TWC has a storm chaser parked in Fayetteville, Arkansas, waiting for a posible outbreak in the area. TWC is going to broadcast their possible pending chase, live, across the nation, given that they have something to chase.

The southern most cell is showing a very nice hook and is in perfect position to maintain a long track since their is nothing south to cut it off. It is now tor warned.

Bates/Cass Co. MO cell worries me a lot. It is rotating an extraordinary amount and has a classic structure with an obvious hook. SRM shows a great couplet and TVS around 81 knots maxDV showing up right now.

Almost a donut showing up on 3.4º slice.

My chase buddy is now on the Bastes/Vernon Co. southern cell......and has seen a wall cloud. Might be cycling briefly, but radar returns are improving.

The base reflectivity is looking amazing. Classic looking sups.

Must see radar returns:
CLICK HERE

It also appears that they are trying to make a right turn.

MOD: edited extremely long link.

Why arent these things producing? All thats being reported is funnels..bust here we come eh..

Originally posted by Matthew Havin
My chase buddy is now on the Bastes/Vernon Co. southern cell......and has seen a wall cloud. Might be cycling briefly, but radar returns are improving.

That is the storm I would want to be on right now If you are in contact with him make sure you remind him of the large lakes that are coming up there are limited bridges!!

Back