3/12/06 NOW: KS/MO

Originally posted by Cstok+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cstok)</div>
Originally posted by Alex Lamers@
<!--QuoteBegin-Bart_Comstock

The SPC has posted a new Tor Watch (#74) for all of NE Ok, and NW Ark, as well as NC Ark. It does not have a PDS associated with it. I say give it about 30 min and we will start to see some t-storms start to fire up along the dry line around the I-35 corridor, between Ponca City, and Guthrie.

Correction...it DOES have PDS.

...THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION...

DESTRUCTIVE TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL TO 4 INCHES IN DIAMETER...
THUNDERSTORM WIND GUSTS TO 80 MPH...AND DANGEROUS LIGHTNING ARE
POSSIBLE IN THESE AREAS.

Looks like it will start lighting up soon. Interesting cloud pattern per vissat in AR.

Are those cloud patterns in AR transverse roll clouds?[/b]

You mean the ESE/WNW aligned clouds over in Yell / Scott counties? It looks like T-rolls to me but we have a S/SSW SFC wind so it can be anyone's guess. Further south, there is some banding clouds around Pike / Montgomery counties that have a SSW to NNE alignment to them.

I think portions of the KC metro area might have some problems here shortly. I like the fact the warm front is passing through KC (71 at OJC and 57 at MCI) and the storm south of Lawrence is strengthening and beginning to interact with the frontal zone. 0-1KM SRH is over 500 m2/s2. I think we'll be seeing reports of tornadoes soon.

Warnings are going out way in advance of these supercells, and probably appropriately. 4 TORs within 7 minutes. Would look for the KC Metro cells to go tornadic sometime as well.

Currently around 5 nice supercells in eastern KS, each with intensifying mesocyclones, moving rapidly northeastward at about 50 mph.

Strongest storms as of 140 pm are around Chanute, with strong mesos near Lone Elm in southern Anderson County; N of Chanute near Humboldt in SW Allen County; and S of Chanute near Earlton in western Neosho County.

Jay and I (Mike Gribble) just got off the tornado warned storm by Ottawa and we are about to drop South on 69 to intercept the other storms coming off the dryline. Ottawa storm had several lowerings but it never showed strong vertical motion or rotation.

Wall cloud reported by KSHB in Kansas City. Local TV channel is watching lowering of the storm on one of their webcams. Man, I love living in a ten story apartment building :?
~mh

Thanks. The on TV meteo is getting a little nervous since the wall cloud is approaching his TV station. Sirens going off on Garfield and Independce in KC, MO.
MH

Back