3/1/07 NOW :IL/MO/KS/TN/KY/AL/AR/LA/TX

The SPC has just issued an MD specifically referring to the HP supercell that spawned the Enterprise tornado. The MD says there is a high risk of a violent, long track tornado moving from extreme southeastern AL into southwestern GA with this cell. I've never seen them issue an MD for a single supercell before, this must be really, really bad in order for them to do that :eek:
Early and Clay County, GA need to be on the lookout for this monster!

The mods are deleting posts due due to insufficient information. Again, PLEASE provide insightful commentary and/or information. It's difficult to do this in a 1 or 2 sentence post. Feel free to use the Chat for rapid-fire comments. This isn't to discourage comments and contributions, but please try to keep the signal-to-noise ratio as high as you can.

Convection developing immediately south of the supercell that just crossed into GA that may interfere with the cell. Latest SRV imagery continues to show a strong couplet with that cell, but the reflectivity structure has come a little more messy in the past 30 minutes.

Local football coach says the area looks liek a warzone. Says school is partially collapsed, cars are flipped over and that students are walking around injured. Radios are asking all medical personnell in town to report to the high school. He also says there are many reports of lots of people trapped under debris inside the school.

Hmmm. Lets keep a good thought for everyone.

According to this live newsfeed (Tuscaloosa?), there are some confirmed tornados with those storms clustered on the MS/AL border

He is saying something about Aliceville, AL being hit

the cell in Pickens Co, AL appraoching Tuscaloosa, and the cell in Lowndes Co, AL appraochin Montgomery both looking very ominous and approaching pretty large towns.

Fox news reports that the students were not released early but were in the school at the time of the hit.

They wouldve moved them to the gym according to someone on the live feed and he then said that the gym looks in really bad shape

enterprise medical center being evacuated

They wouldve moved them to the gym according to someone on the live feed and he then said that the gym looks in really bad shape

enterprise medical center being evacuated

Please tell me this is not the case? Didn't these school officials get the memo back in the 1960s that LARGE rooms such as gyms and auditoriums are the LAST place you need to be during a tornado? Sheesh. I apologize if my post seems like static here, but if this report is true, whoever was in charge of this decision at the school is going to be in some hot water.

Vicious radar images Jeff ...that supercell looked mean from the get go and now is apparently what is likely a very strong possibly violent tornado producer. It apparently is maintaining well in the deep pooled moisture & very strong shear along the warm front which extends from C. Alabama into S. Georgia. Looks like the real full force effects of this forecasted outbreak are being realized. Some wicked supercells moving into WC/NW Alabama too.

2 new supercells now visible with rotation E of Troy, AL along the AL/GA border. No tor war yet for these cells but both have developing hooks that are showing up on radar in the last 10 min.

This live feed showing the Meso of the storm near Tuscaloosa, Al.
http://mfile.akamai.com/23045/live/reflector:21932.asx

Strongest cell in AL right now just SW of Tuscaloosa, AL.
They are showing the wall cloud near Tuscaloosa, Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
damage now being reported in Lamar county near Vernon

Fox 6 has live streaming coverage from there hummer . I am starting to be concerned about the cell around Biloxi has it pushes off to the NE

A cell splitt off of the north side of the storm affecting Tuscaloosa at the same time another cell was merging with the main cell to the S. I saw the samething happen with the sup that hit Lynn last night right before it went on its long track.

Edit: Another cell to the Sw of the cell I just mentioned is now rotating and seems to have choked off the meso that passed thrugh Tuscaloosa. Saw video of the area around the high school in Enterprise. Probaly an high in EF-3 low end EF-4.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can sure tell the difference from a plains TV Meteorologist and a Alabama TV meteorologist when it comes to describing the storms, I wish this fox team would pull the hummer chaser off of the weakining storm moving past Tuscelusa and tell him to just drop back a little south and west and intercept the next storm as it has been showing decent rotation and now has a 75 dbz hail spike head right for Tuscalosa this storm now looks to be taking even a harder right turn, looks like its getting ready to tornado very near Tuscalosa

Back