3/1/07 NOW :IL/MO/KS/TN/KY/AL/AR/LA/TX

There are 3 supercells within a 30 mi diameter W and SW of Burmingham, AL. The northern cell is showing the best rotation and is W of the city moving NNE. The other 2 sups are having a hard time keeping their meso's out of the FFD taking more of ENE track. Also I have noticed that with the storms that hit S AL today the storms that took more of a NNE track seemed to be able to produce the tornadoes compared to the storms that took more of a ENE track. The "Right Turn" seems to be the show stopper today which is unusual.

The 2 nrn cells have been choked off by the 3rd trailing cell to the SW and is now the dominant sup. If this thing is going to produce a tornado the storm motion will have to track NNE taking it right into Burmingham. This is not good...

HALT that wall cloud is about to produce.

I am utterly shocked the storm about to hit Tuscaloosa is not showing rotation at the lowest tilt. I imagine it will very soon, it looks incredible.

Remember folks...live video from reporters in the fiedl at nbc13.com. Crews in birmingham and tuscaloosa. great cloud structures and just saw rotating wall cloud few mins ago.

Yes... pretty dramatic pictures on both of the streaming stations. A nub/ appendage in the birmingham area and that storm actually looked very organized compared to its radar signature.

Good thing for Tuscaloosa and Burmingham the cold front has caught up with the storms in N. AL and the storms should start to become more linear. But as the cold front interacts with the individual sups before they become outflow dominant the front might actually give the storm an extra boost.

Edit: They went back to the radar when I saw a little rope in that scud. It stayed their for a good 20 secs then they went back to radar?!? Anyone watching the NBC13 live feeed see that right before they went back to radar as they were showing that cloud base?

Couple of impressive sups in central Georgia with much more pronounced velocity signatures than the ones near Tuscaloosa, AL. If they produce anything it's going to be pretty rain-wrapped.

8 deaths at Enterprise= school

5 at Wilcox County = Mobile homes

this could have easily been prevented

I have been basing a group of FSU chasers all day in SE AL. They were on the cell w/a confirmed tornado near Raymer in Montgomery Co. and reported to me a "large rotating mass" of precip, clouds, etc. They took a peek at the cell on the Bullock/Pike Co. Border right now and again say it's wrapped in rain. They are awaiting a cell now on the Lowndes/Butler Co. border to pass near their location SE of Montgomery.

Back