3/1/07 NOW :IL/MO/KS/TN/KY/AL/AR/LA/TX

Tornado warnings go off left in right. Its turning out to be an outbreak after all. :( This is not good for the poor folks in the path of these storms. 6 counties in tor warnings at this moment. Homes damaged in Enterprise, Al confirmed by eyewitness also some students were trapped inside the high school when the tornado hit the school and caused heavy damage. Possible injuries at the high school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately EOX is not on the Level II network, so the best data is not available... The BV32 is not a storm-relative product, so nothing dramatic visible at first glance. NWS is now issuing SVR warnings for that storm so must not be thinking it's lasting much longer...

CNN reporting that the tornado has missed the military base and that no damage reports have been received at the base.

Ozark, AL: Walnut sized hail and trees/power lines down.

Unfortunately EOX is not on the Level II network, so the best data is not available... The BV32 is not a storm-relative product, so nothing dramatic visible at first glance. NWS is now issuing SVR warnings for that storm so must not be thinking it's lasting much longer...

I don't see what you're referring to. Tornado warnings have been extended east of the Fort Rucker area...

Thanks for that Don! I had actually forgotten about the BV32 product.
Below are two images of BV32 from the time the tornado was in / going through Enterprise:

BV32 valid at 1911UTC
BV32 valid at 1916UTC

Jeff,

You may already know about this, but with the storm being so close to the radar, you can use the BVEL32 Level3 product to see a higher-res velocity plot for a 32km radius around the radome. It's base velocity as opposed to storm-relative, but you can see a lot more due to the better resolution.

I don't see what you're referring to. Tornado warnings have been extended east of the Fort Rucker area...

I'm referring to the fact that the NWS issued a SVR for the county next to Ft Rucker (Henry) at 143pm CST. 10 minutes later they decided to change that to a TOR - I'm just saying I am surprised they didn't start with a TOR given that cell's history and appearance.

Enterprise PD saying downtown Enterprise hit the hardest, major damage with injuries. wow :(

Now it looks like there is some convection developing SE that the storm is going to intersect. I wonder if that is either going to weaken it or just make it really hard to see anything.

Watching live video from WSFA.com. Ozark, AL mayor is saying his city is completely without power and that his emergency crews are responding to Enterprise, AL. He's stating that he has reports that Enterprise High School has been completely destroyed and that that surrounding houses are damaged. One possible consolation...hopefully...they let the kids out of school a couple of hours early....before the tornado struck.

In the hole...

Sitting here in Sumter County, Alabama I believe that I have in the hole. We have had it all around us most of the day and have done well in dodging the bullet. Conditions here in Cuba this moment shout severe weather...

79 Temp
66 DP

Pressure heading south.

Watching live video from WSFA.com. Ozark, AL mayor is saying his city is completely without power and that his emergency crews are responding to Enterprise, AL. He's stating that he has reports that Enterprise High School has been completely destroyed and that that surrounding houses are damaged. One possible consolation...hopefully...they let the kids out of school a couple of hours early....before the tornado struck.

Are you saying they did let them out, or are you hoping that they let them out?

They reportedly let the kids out early, according to the police chief, but there are reports that some kids are injured and trapped. I am just hoping that most, if not all kids, got out.

Also...FYI: AT 200 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORMSPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR ABBEVILLE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 55 MPH.

Back