06/07/07 NOW: IA/MN/WI/MI/IL/IN/KS/MO/OK/TX/AR

The Juneau County storm is showing excellent rotation and is forming a hook on radar. This storm is unobstructed from the south.

The cell is moving straight towards Nekoosa/Wisconsin Rapids area. Google maps shows this area to have a decent size population. Hopefully they take the warnings seriously.

Storm 13 miles west of wittenburg WI has a reported extremely large and dangerous tornado with it moving north east at 55 MPH. Is anyone chasing this storm? Radar sure has been looking inpresive.

Tornado warning on the cell that had produced the flying eagle earlier. It's now between KC and Chillicothe. The cell that moved just north of downtown KC had a distinct wall cloud with what looked like a persistent funnel for a bit, but it got blocky and difficult to discern rotation. Great RFD, though - perfect. Now we're watching the SVR storm off to the west of the city. One of these should come straight through town before long, but it's looking more linear on radar at this point. Will have to keep watching-

Edit - by the way, we're watching these things whizz by from the 30th floor of a building downtown ... they would be virtually impossible to keep up with in a car. We're just fortunate enough to have good seats this time.

Edit 2 - the storm that had the wall cloud is looking very much like a supercell now ... looks like a hook, but all I have access to here is base velocity. Wish I had the GRLevel3 at work-

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost looks like towering Cu near Lawton~Duncan area in OK. Otherwise, OK remains capped. Just too bad the dryline couldn't have held back about 50-75 miles. Anything east of I-35 is off my list, no matter what the event.

Sitting In Duncan OK where it IS 79 dewpoint. I think if I point my AC vents upwards things will go ballistic. 6000 CAPES jsut waiting for the cap to be all gone. TCU looks better each time I look up.

So far the line in EC IA and NC MO is not very impressive..yet. As a matter of fact the storms making up this broken lline appear to be pulsing..some just plain dying..with the exception of a good looking cell around Iowa City.
With adaquate sunshine in NW IL however will expect line to intensify and solidify but so far not too exciting at this time..

I too am focusing on the area around Duncan, OK for initiation at any time now. There is also a slight dryline bulge in this area.

Strong storm with a possible hook on radar\moving towards Iowa City IA. I sure hope this thing stays to the east of the city.

EDIT: not realy showing a hook now but it is severe warned and looks inpressive on radar.

It did go tornado warned and doplar radar indicated a tornado on the ground.

Now the storm we were watching with the wall cloud is tornado warned ... grrr ... they keep moving just past the field of view and then getting warned! ... This last one that brushed downtown was a whopper. Now we're under downdraft of the next cell, just as the updraft from the previous escaped view. It's also looking very healthy -

Storm now entering northern Oconto county has quite an impressive looking couplet. Hope someone here is on that one!

Here in SE Kansas lots of agitated cumlus popping up over the last fifteen minutes or so. Curious why there is a watch south of here and a watch north of here but no watch covering far Southeast Kansas.

Looks like the next two cells are starting up now to the west. Two new severe warnings near Lawrence. They've been going severe and taking about 30-45 minutes to get the tor-warnings. If that pattern keeps up, these next ones should also come straight over the middle of the city, and could be warned by the time they get here, instead of waiting to get out to the northeastern suburbs. The Ray Co. warning has been confined now, and it looks like that cell is cycling or gusting out. Time to keep an eye on the ones in the batters cage now. Really exciting afternoon. The whole office is buzzing, looking out the windows-

THE KLOT WSR-88D DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

THE KLOT WSR-88D DOPPLER RADAR WILL BE DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE UNTIL
APPROXIMATELY 630 PM CDT. THIS IS NEEDED SO THAT THE RADAR WILL BE
WORKING UNDER PEAK PERFORMANCE FOR THE WEATHER EVENT
TONIGHT. UNTIL THEN...RADAR COVERAGE FOR THE KLOT SERVICE AREA
CAN BE OBTAINED BY USING ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING SURROUNDING
RADARS:

KILX (LINCOLN IL)
KDVN (DAVENPORT IL)
KMKX (MILWAUKEE WI)
KIWX (NORTH WEBSTER IN)
KIND (INDIANAPOLIS IN)

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE

All cells from far northern MO across eastern IA, and into southern WI are laughable. All are small and as a poster above said, "pulsing." The cells in northwest MO almost seem to be sapping their strength a bit. This seems to happen a lot when a line (or broken line) is oriented NE/SW.

Got off work around 3, and was all geared to go out. Now it looks like we're gonna pop a few beers and wait for what's left of the "squall line" to sweep through this evening...

S White Lake [Langlade Co, WI] trained spotter reports TORNADO at 04:53 PM CDT -- quarter mile wide swath of damage over vacation area. many commercial buildings destroyed. kayak driven through pine tree. time approx.

All cells from far northern MO across eastern IA, and into southern WI are laughable. All are small and as a poster above said, "pulsing." The cells in northwest MO almost seem to be sapping their strength a bit. This seems to happen a lot when a line (or broken line) is oriented NE/SW.

Got off work around 3, and was all geared to go out. Now it looks like we're gonna pop a few beers and wait for what's left of the "squall line" to sweep through this evening...

The 2 cells in eastern WI has several law reported tornadoes with them and VIL is huge with these storms. They look very inpressive on radar.
Looks like a boundary in northern TX and into OK so mabey we can get some storms to fire off it. Have to wait and see.

Back