03/30/06 NOW: NE, KS, OK, TX

Osage county cell and the storm to the west of pauls valley now tornado warned. showing good TVS on southernmost cell.

Anyone on this storm should head to the South of Pauls Valley and Ada as the S-cell should pass very near. Large wall cloud and occasional tornado touchdowns have been occurring. Great G2G shear persists scan after scan. Good luck if anyone is on this storm!!

Back home in Lincoln, now. NWS OMA has Douglas county Tornado Warned now. Looking at the radar, if you pan the SRV tilts up, it appears that it's an embedded supercell. It's literally about to overrun the Valley radar site -- that should be interesting! :)

The squall blowing through SE NE is incredible. The winds aren't much, but it's clocking at 50+ mph. I got to watch it roll in from the highway. I knew I wasn't in danger, but it was one of the most visually frightening things I've ever seen. The rainfoot moving in looked like a thick, flowing fist of water sweeping over the earth. I could literally see it in flowing like a liquid in the sky. Visibility went from 6 or 7 miles to 6 or 7 feet in about five seconds, and the gust front rocked the car. 5 minutes later and it was over. Very cool.

Twin Supercells near the Pauls Valley, OK area are the best show in town. Storm to the west of Pauls Valley is strengthening rapidly and now holds the best potential for a tornado. Nice hook developing and all signs show strenthening. This storm should go right over Pauls Valley shortly. The Ada storm is still strong but maybe not gquite as impressive.

AE showing a large area of 70dbZ formed aloft two scans ago near Pauls Valley - now extending down to surface with MEHS of 3.1" just southeast of the SR19 curve.

AE showing a large area of 70dbZ formed aloft two scans ago near Pauls Valley - now extending down to surface with MEHS of 3.1" just southeast of the SR19 curve.
[/b]

It's defintley getting it's act together. I see evidence of a WER and a hail spike on Tilts 3 and 4 on the cell E of Pauls Valley. Think this cell is gonna give it a go. Live chopper footage from KFOR I'm sure is commanding some attention over on North Campus ;)

The Pauls Valley storm has intensified quite a bit in the past 15 minutes. Baseball to softball sized hail likely and doppler now shows 2 TVS signatures and a well defined hook. Stratford and Ada are under the gun soon. Watching video to see if tornado is going to drop momentarily.....

Several impressive isolated supercells are erupting ahead of the dryline in southern KS. One is currently tornado warned (doppler indicated) in eastern Chautauqua County and western Montgomery County , about twenty miles northwest of Coffeyville near Havana. That cell has quite an impressive radar signature with a 65 dbz core and an emerging hook. Another has sprung up northwest of Arkansas City. With that storm a little blob of convection is apparent forming up just southwest of the main cell, which makes me suspicious that it may go tornadic shortly. These two cells need to be monitored carefully, as they are in a favorable environment for tornadic production. They look much better on radar than the two southern OK cells at the time being, so I hope someone is out chasing these two beauties and catching the tornadoes they may be dropping.

EDIT: At 4:16 p.m. local law enforcement reported a tornado on the ground a half mile north of Bolton, near Independence, KS, moving northeast at 40 mph. It's headed right for a little town called Sycamore :eek: Could get real ugly real soon down that way. :blink: The hook is tightening up and becoming more defined, which leads me to believe the tornado is strengthening as it roars towards Sycamore. I hope everybody has taken shelter.

FYI...This storm that is heading toward Ada, OK almost definitely has a tornado in it. Of significance, it is the only supercell in OK that apparently is moving to the right of the mean flow. Looks like a right mover and enhance tornado threat increasing.

Back