03/30/06 NOW: NE, KS, OK, TX

In central Kansas TOR warned storm is still ongoing and also dropping Quartersize hail. Is anybody chasing this storm and is there a tornadoe on the ground? EDIT: Radar now showing some nice rotation!

EDIT: More Tornadoe Warnings going up in Central Kansas!

Another storm between Guthrie and Kingfisher doesn't look too impressive on reflectivity, but it does have a meso, and one of the stations had a ragged wall on that a few minutes ago.

There are several cells that have significant potential to tornado. It appears critical mass is about to be reached in several locations.

Another storm between Guthrie and Kingfisher doesn't look too impressive on reflectivity, but it does have a meso, and one of the stations had a ragged wall on that a few minutes ago.

There are several cells that have significant potential to tornado. It appears critical mass is about to be reached in several locations.
[/b]

The storm near Marlow (2nd to last in the line along the DL), now appears to be the most organized and has increasing rotation.

STORM REALLY WRAPPING UP OVER IN STEPHENS COUNTY OK NEAR THE TOWN OF MARLOW..
STRONG LOW LEVEL SHEAR IAM GONNA GET ON THE EAST SIDE OF THIS INTO WESTERN GARVIN
COUNTY AS IT MOVES ENE LOOKS TO ME LIKE IT COULD PRODUCE A TORNADO AT ANY TIME

can someone give me a update on latest surface models?? havent had time to check
becouse iam highly impressed with this area near marlow!! is it still favor for large tornadoes
this area? someone try to keep me posted i'm on the move... thanks

The southern edge of the OKC metro storm is now going right over my house and there is definitely still a rain free base with a very nice updraft.

The southern edge of the OKC metro storm is now going right over my house and there is definitely still a rain free base with a very nice updraft.
[/b]

Tornado warning just issued for circulation just east of Mulhall, OK.

logan county tornado warning. mulhall in the bullseye!
[/b]
That storm had a very nice SRV couplet last I checked a couple minutes ago.

Those poor people in that town don't deserve this. I hope that they all stay safe.

[/b]
Pretty much the same thing here in Lincoln. I'm surprised no one has said anything about it.
And about a half an hour ago, I watched a small weak funnel cloud struggling for a while right above my house.

The storms down here in SE Nebraska are driving me crazy. Got positioned correctly on the supercell SSW of Lincoln, and then it fell apart. Punched the core on the storm to it's east, which at the time was supercellular, and then merged with a crap storm from the south and became disorganized. Everything's pretty disorganized out this way right now; looks like it'l stay that way until the squall sweeps through. I guess that's what you get when the 800mb winds and the 500mb winds don't have much directional difference. I'll stick around here in Syracuse for a bit to see if anything around here gets its act together. Fingers crossed.

Duncan, OK and Lindsay, OK have 2 monster storms nearby with good G2G shear. Both storms organizing and are rotating more. Tornado potential increasing south of OKC.

VIL over 60 near Duncan and could have baseball to softball sized hail.

Duncan, OK and Lindsay, OK have 2 monster storms nearby with good G2G shear. Both storms organizing and are rotating more. Tornado potential increasing south of OKC.

VIL over 60 near Duncan and could have baseball to softball sized hail.
[/b]

Why do you suppose these storms are not tornado warned?

K.

KFOR's Jim Gardner is on the inflow portion of the cell in Central Stephens County...has had an impressive tail cloud at times...still raggdy and disorganized but it's trying...

I'm sure OUN is watching intently...

EDIT: Nice rotation at cloud base level too.

Back