03/30/06 NOW: NE, KS, OK, TX

Look for storms along the southern portion of the Oklahoma line to begin rotating over the next hour or so as complex enters field of stronger SRH values. Looking at lastest observations, I'm still bullish on E KS later this afternoon, although the strength of the secondary surface low up in SD may retard development of backed surface winds over this area more than I had expected last night.

sun is out in my location n of adm with temp now at 78
rightnow a lil concerned but still have plenty of time about this kinda
lining out into a squall line but maybe it will break before to much longer

Liking the cell in Harper county KS once it clears the garbage in the area - which appears to have the best chance for discrete around the time it passes through the ICT area. Cell entering southern Blaine county also starting to sneak ahead of the pack. First tornado of the day though will probably be up closer to the hastings, NE area based on current trends. The cell heading toward Smith Center certainly looks interesting. The patient chaser may do best though in southcentral OK late today.

80 n of ardmore now... strong winds which is startin to turn somewhat sse @ about 20
and lookin on my radar looks like storms are getting better orginized out west and sw of
here think iam not gonna go far, stay up around the arbuckle mnts region of davis maybe
up towards pauls valley

ok guys at this point as of 12:10 ... i would put the BEST risk of a large violent tornado or two
from i-44 east and south of a chickasha to norman to ada line... sc ok seems to be in the bullseye of
this attm those storms down around lawton are getting there act together better... and the mesonet
is showing the winds right along i-35 backing to the e just a bit now kinda sse or se so that would put them more favorable for a tornado threat near i-35

Cell just east of Ellsworth is starting to take shape. Tornado warning for the two counties there as of 12:15. It looks like it headeing toward Brookville.

The line appears to be splitting around I-40... the storm immediately to the north of the split (now near Calumet) has been trailing a hookish-type appendage on and off for the last half hour.

The quasi-discrete cell to the south of that storm, just east of the convergence max (near Anadarko) also shows promise if it can survive and become fully discrete.

Jeff Snyder & Co. just went flying out the door. I'm stuck here giving weather briefing, so a belated good luck to those who mosey out today!

Cell just east of Ellsworth is starting to take shape. Tornado warning for the two counties there as of 12:15. It looks like it headeing toward Brookville.
[/b]

Cell 3mi W of Kingfisher now has an impressive hook on local hi-res television radar. It also continues to increase in strength with a very intense hail core.

Cell 3mi W of Kingfisher now has an impressive hook on local hi-res television radar. It also continues to increase in strength with a very intense hail core.
[/b]

TVS now on cell SW of Chickasha moving right for the south OKC metro.....Moore, Norman, etc.

FROM THE MESO DISC JUST PUT OUT... RADAR DATA FROM FREDERICK ALONG
WITH SFC ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT A MESOLOW MAY BE DEVELOPING ALONG
THE DRYLINE NEAR LAWTON. IF THIS TREND CONTINUES...AN ENHANCED
SVR/TORNADO THREAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE OVER SCENTRAL OK.

SO LOOKS LIKE A GOOD THREAT FROM LAWTON EAST LIKE I WAS THINKING
FROM THERE TO PAULS VALLEY ON THE NORTH SIDE AND ARDMORE AREA ON THE
SOUTH SIDE... FEEL PRETTY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS BUT WE WILL HAVE TO SEE
AS THESE STORMS KEEP GOING... ANOTHER AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM CHICKASHA
TO NORMAN...

FROM THE MESO DISC JUST PUT OUT... RADAR DATA FROM FREDERICK ALONG
WITH SFC ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT A MESOLOW MAY BE DEVELOPING ALONG
THE DRYLINE NEAR LAWTON. IF THIS TREND CONTINUES...AN ENHANCED
SVR/TORNADO THREAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE OVER SCENTRAL OK.

SO LOOKS LIKE A GOOD THREAT FROM LAWTON EAST LIKE I WAS THINKING
FROM THERE TO PAULS VALLEY ON THE NORTH SIDE AND ARDMORE AREA ON THE
SOUTH SIDE... FEEL PRETTY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS BUT WE WILL HAVE TO SEE
AS THESE STORMS KEEP GOING... ANOTHER AREA OF CONCERN IS FROM CHICKASHA
TO NORMAN...
[/b]

The cell to my SW (of Norman) has really now commanded all the attention. It has rapidly become more isolated and is looking very impressive on local radar.

Back