03/30/06 NOW: NE, KS, OK, TX

TSA has TOR warned our persistent right turner in McAlester Co. OK, though velocities from the SRX radar don't look super impressive. Looks like meso should pass S of MLC.

Craig Maire just called me to report seeing numerous tractor trailers blown off the highway along I-80 in Adair County, IA. He said there was at least 8 or 9 of them that he could see so far and there are quite a few emergency vehicles on the scene.

If anyone here knows someone headed into this area on I-80, you might want to advise them to expect some slow downs.

Darin Brunin and the crew chasing with him spotted a rope tornado 6 miles east of Buffalo, KS around around 6:00pm this evening.

OK, now this is just sad...

Tornado warning for Sedalia
[/b]
(Geez, I've resorted to quoting myself. Sheesh.) :rolleyes:

OK. This cannot be good. That Sedalia cell has good rotation, and now this:

"AT 832 PM CST...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO. THIS
TORNADO WAS LOCATED 5 MILES WEST OF SEDALIA MO...MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH.

THIS TORNADO IS WRAPPED IN RAIN AND IS HEADED TOWARDS SEDALIA. TAKE
COVER NOW!!"

EDIT: It keeps getting worse:

"...TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR SEDALIA AND LOCATIONS EAST AND NORTHEAST...

AT 841 PM CST...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO IN THE
WALNUT HILL SUBDIVISION OF SEDALIA. THIS TORNADO WAS PRODUCING
DAMAGE AND MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH."

Sticking to the theme of towns that have been hit by tornadoes in the past -- new tornado warning in effect for the Fort Smith AR area.

TORTSA
[/b]
All you chasers out there need to do to guarantee yourselves a tornado (or two, or three, or four, or five) this year is move to Sedalia. It's a sure bet! :(

Seriously, the circulation is wrapped in rain, rocketing, and producing damage. My prayers with those in the area.

p.s. Keep in mind that it seems that the two Springfields are good bases also.

Back