Your Best Lightning Shot to date...

To Date this is the closest strike I've had, Remind you this was shot at 10mm wide. It did something funky to my camera I'm assuming the electricity messed with it. I also had a tingling sensation that traveled from my head to my toes. The result was a burning telephone pole.
19644024752_50b0548341_k.jpg
19031683643_b7387e7e7e_k.jpg
19464628850_76d8c18ed7_k.jpg

Since I only have 2 lightning shots, I'll share both. The first 2 are the same image that I caught by accident on my cell phone. First is the original and the 2nd I played with just using the editing app on my phone so you can just see the bolt. The third image is actually a still taken from a time lapse I did, also with my cell phone. The 3rd image hasn't been edited at all. All 3 images were captured on 16 May 2018 in San Angelo, TX. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 for what its worthnorris3.jpg norris2.jpg norris.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure I have to re-set my best-yet clock after this one yesterday north of Flagstaff and Mt. Elden. Storms were backbuilding over the San Francisco Peaks and gave me a chance to set up as the maturing cores started dropping lightning into Shultz Pass. I'm using the Lightning Trigger IV, and as good as it is, it still usually only catches the bright return stroke and misses the branches. But sometimes these pop-ups like to spit out quick double strikes. The first one triggers the shutter in time for a second strike to land with all the branches intact.
IMG_7156.JPG

Not as flashy as most of the other pics in this thread, but it has a certain appeal to it.

lightning_7.png

Video screen grabs of a lighting strike dangerously close to where I was shooting with my camera. Note the lightning dancing along the fence in the bottom frame. Taken in the summer of 2014.

Attachments

• Lightning Strike 7-2-14.jpg
    Lightning Strike 7-2-14.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
Back