WX WORX, Where to buy? Connect fee?

Just an update on previous post...

Cliff mentioned that he thought there was an end of spring special going on where xm would wave the activation fee for new subscribers. He says that this information was not published anywhere. Will let you know when I try to activate it this coming week.[/b]

No such luck, they are not waving any fees at this time according to the rep I spoke with on the phone. :rolleyes: Will have to wait for payday to roll around again I guess....bummer!

Jeff - can you confirm that you got the GPS option included for $799 and has the unit actually been delivered ??
[/b]

Stuart: My unit from ESPRE Partners was delivered this evening and included the disk with the mapping upgrade. It appears I did not receive the AC power cord, so I have contacted them in regards to that, but everything else was in the box. The box was shipped directly from Baron. I probably won't install the items until this weekend when I have some extra time.

No such luck, they are not waving any fees at this time according to the rep I spoke with on the phone. rolleyes.gif Will have to wait for payday to roll around again I guess....bummer![/b]

When I activated early this month they waived the fee and I never even asked for it. I know of one other who had their fee waived too. This was a reactivation too, I wasn't even a new user. I'd hang up and call back if one tells you no.

Hey guys, wanted to clarify something regarding Master Mariner versus Ground Responder. Supposedly Mariner doesn't have the Shear button function, but still provides the 'whirlies' or Shear markers on radar - correct? However I know my Ground Responder will either identify strong storms as 'Severe Storm' with and information box (I believe when you click on it), or it will be identified as a 'Shear Storm' when you click on it. As I recall there is also info about speed of movement, direction of movement, and speed of shear. Is this 'Shear Storm' feature also included on the Master Mariner?

Also, what is the final word on the waived activation fees? Mike says to hangup and try again. Does this work?

Also, what is the final word on the waived activation fees? Mike says to hangup and try again. Does this work?
[/b]

Havent had a chance last few days due to work. Will try this morning when I get home and let let you know.

[/b]

No dice! XM (or at least the two individuals I spoke with) know nothing about an end of season special for the Master Mariner plan or any other version which omits activation fee. He supposedly looked at his list and saw nothing related to that on there. :rolleyes: 50 dollars on top of 49 pre month payment. Now my little funny about the wife letting me come home from a chase is not far fetched...lol

Supposedly Mariner doesn't have the Shear button function, but still provides the 'whirlies' or Shear markers on radar - correct? However I know my Ground Responder will either identify strong storms as 'Severe Storm' with and information box (I believe when you click on it), or it will be identified as a 'Shear Storm' when you click on it. As I recall there is also info about speed of movement, direction of movement, and speed of shear. Is this 'Shear Storm' feature also included on the Master Mariner?[/b]

If I understood Cliff correctly (which it seems I didn't about the end of season special...lol), you still get the little whirlie with MM plan, but not the shear feature or the button. You can click on the whirlie showing the storm details/tracking etc, but NOT the shear speed details. So when you see the whirlie on a storm, at least you know it has reached the minimum criteria for the shear of (50mph is it?), but not able to determine the exact shear speed being reported. I wouldn't take this as gospel, but thats the way I believe Cliff explained it to me.

On another off topic question.....So far, I have not been able to figure out how to display the surface pressure feature as seen on the on the website. Like this...

Surface-Pressure_marine.jpg

This is suppose to be included in the Master Mariner plan, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to display it. Nothing in the manual either. Anybody know how this is viewed?

Not to stay off topic, but there are so many threat net topics now, didn't want to start another one.

Confirm/correction to previous post....

you still get the little whirlie with MM plan, but not the shear feature or the button. You can click on the whirlie showing the storm details/tracking etc, but NOT the shear speed details. So when you see the whirlie on a storm, at least you know it has reached the minimum criteria for the shear of (50mph is it?), but not able to determine the exact shear speed being reported. I wouldn't take this as gospel, but thats the way I believe Cliff explained it to me.[/b]

OK since I'm watching 4-01 event unfold on MTN, I can confirm that the Master Mariner plan will give you the shear whirlie (once shear in a storm reaches minimum criteria), and it WILL also show you the shear speed in mph when you click on it. The only thing you don't get is the shear button which reveal areas of shear (shear shading) throughout the environment.

Still can't figure out how to display surface pressure however.

OK, now the shear button is working too :huh: lol Oh well....I'll take it!

I am now a dealer for the mobile Threatnet system.. Please PM me for a discount on this unit. I will be doing a full review on this product within the next week. My initial impressions after using it on 1 chase day is WOW! How have I been chasing without this system?

Back