Who's itching for spring season already?

I've been ready for a great spring since the fall of 2005! You guys are in for a treat chasing up on the caprock in the panhandle. Just check out my avatar!

I can't stand the wait, especially when it is 72 (forecast high 75) in Richmond, VA today. We had a tornado watch last night and more storms are predicted for NC tomorrow. It just feels like spring even though May is 4 months away and it is really January.
At least I time to get ready for the season. Anything will be better than 2006.

Bill Hark

Hey guys, us Kiwi's (7 people) are just finishing off our flight ticketing transactions to Denver and after seeing years of midwest storms the salivating has gotten too much!! Can't wait to meet some of you guys!

Our spring just gone has been well, quite pathetic really for storms due to the dry anticyclonic westerlies from the El Nino.

Quick question, 2 weeks? or 3 for storm chasing in the midwest?

Willoughby

If the Gulf avoids any deep intrusions of modified polar air...this could be a rocking early spring. The dew pts. down in the Gulf are in the 70's up past the Yucatan. This situation happened last year...and that March 12th event would have been pretty awesome if the darn supercells were not rocketing by at 50-60 mph.

Yeah, I'm definitely ready for the promise of a new season. Blue sky congestus, southerly winds whipping the blades of grass, the characteristic great plains and long tranquil drives amongst expanses of farms, windmills and old country roads. Not to forget the colossus cyclic storms that defy the imagination.

I've got most of the preperations ready except for a few minor vehicle details.

Last edited by a moderator:
After last year a big part of me is not itching for spring. My whole mindset has been skewed on how cool severe weather is or is not. Let it snow!

I think Mike H has found some Calamine lotion or Benadryl for that itch...but he does not realize storm chasing is like poison ivy itch...it just keeps coming at you and keeps you up at night...the itch just gets the best of you sometimes. I've given up trying to resist the itch...unless it involves chasing way down south in Mississippi...deep in the heart of Dixie !! Have not had much luck there in recent years.

Yeah, I'm definitely ready for the promise of a new season. Blue sky congestus, southerly winds whipping the blades of grass, the characteristic great plains and long tranquil drives amongst expanses of farms, windmills and old country roads. Not to forget the colossus cyclic storms that defy the imagination.

I've got most of the preperations ready except for a few minor vehicle details.

Now that's what does it for me. Driving without a care in the world. Driving past old farms, windmills and homesteads, and feeling the humid wind whip at my face while I wait for that majestic supercell to develop. Ohh I just love being a storm chaser!!!!

Now that's what does it for me. Driving without a care in the world. Driving past old farms, windmills and homesteads, and feeling the humid wind whip at my face while I wait for that majestic supercell to develop. Ohh I just love being a storm chaser!!!!

Wow Jason gettting sentimental in your old age!! LOL

I too am very ready for some great south plains chasing (it is our turn!!). The truck will be ready in about a week or so. Going into the shop on Monday for a new tranny :(. And I am putting in new speakers for the stereo since Kanani keeps blowing them playing her "music". :)

Ohhh excelent! You're making me cry, Jason :) Can I use these romantic sentences for the girls? They will love it!

Oh, I am SO ready for spring. A Canuck understands the desperate longing for the last of the melted snow disappearing into the storm drains as ths sun swings northward toward the equinox, and the sweet taste of anticipation during the walk down the jetway to a southbound airliner.

2006 was a writeoff for me, as there was little to no activity up here. Not even a single good lightning pic made it into the photo album.

I'll be more comfortable chasing late April storms. There is enough to learn right now, without having to learn it while driving 80. I'll be happy just to get some decent CG's splitting the night sky like the spears of Jupiter, or a nice pic of a supercell or two.

If you listen close, you can already hear the thunder........

John
www.skywatch7.com

I am also waiting for spring. Especially because winter days are only 6-7 hours long in my neck of the woods. Lack of snow also increases wait for spring. Although, I don't want to get any thunderstorms until June(that's when summer school break begins). But I am still missing those longer days with plenty of sunshine and warmness up to 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit.

So yes, I am also one who waits spring. So far until thunderstorms come, I will be probably listening audio clips I recorded during 2005 and 2006 seasons in case of SDS

I am looking forward to the spring, though this winter is at least a little exciting here in Oklahoma (contrary to my last two winters down here). I've actually seen more snow this winter than my friends and family in Michigan.

That said, I am working on getting my truck set up for the spring season. I've picked up some software and will be working on storage/mounts the next two months.

Back