Tornado death

We've been relatively lucky in 2005 in that most of the big tornadoes (yes, disgruntled chasers, there have been some!) have missed population centers. I believe this is a big factor in why no 2005 tornado to date (pending the survey on this one) has been rated in the F4/5 "violent" category. Today that luck appears to have run out in Wright, Wyoming.

2251 WRIGHT CAMPBELL WY 4375 10550 *** 1 FATAL, 13 INJ *** 40-50 MOBILE HOMES DESTROYED. DAMAGE PATH UP TO ONE QUARTER MILE WIDE. ALL INFORMATION IS PRELIMINARY. (UNR)

Edit: Geez, this is at least the third time I've started a new thread, only to have an identical thread that was being typed up as mine was being posted, pop up a couple minutes later. Maybe us ST members are more like-mined than we realize. :lol: :wink:

There are currently two threads for the same event currently open. Andy's was published first, but Sam's has a response already, so I ask that all further discussion or comments be posted in Sam's thread ("Killer Tornado"). Thanks!

Back