Severe Storms in New Jersey For Wednesday?

We're supposed to be getting a cold front here on Wednesday that's supposed to mark a big change in New Jersey-much cooler, less humid.

What are the chances for severe thunderstorms that day? My guess is that they are possible.

(edited to change the day)

I don't know about Thursday, but you just might get something today (wednesday).

It's looking quite interesting for my area today, maybe our best shot at real severe so far this year. With the RUC showing CAPE to 4000 and SRH of 300, all right in my back yard, I'm definitely going to be watching this one. If the model forecast holds, I wouldn't rule out a tornado or two right here in CT, especially if we can get some discrete cells to form.

As far as I know there wasn't much hint of this coming, it must have just showed up on this morning's model runs. But I'll take it! Here in Southern New England we've been in a severe weather deficit for a couple of years, we're definitely due some action.

I don't know about Thursday, but you just might get something today (wednesday).

It's looking quite interesting for my area today, maybe our best shot at real severe so far this year. With the RUC showing CAPE to 4000 and SRH of 300, all right in my back yard, I'm definitely going to be watching this one. If the model forecast holds, I wouldn't rule out a tornado or two right here in CT, especially if we can get some discrete cells to form.

As far as I know there wasn't much hint of this coming, it must have just showed up on this morning's model runs. But I'll take it! Here in Southern New England we've been in a severe weather deficit for a couple of years, we're definitely due some action.

Ack-I meant TODAY. :p :p :p :p

***sigh***

Let me change the header. :roll:

Back