Photos taken without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by David Drummond
Anyone around that works for, or knows someone who does work for Channel 5 in Oklahoma. On this page http://www.billygriffin.com./wxpage.htm kinda looks like he is implying he works for them.

David, here, meaning the thread about the big outbreak, page two, it says he is a chaser for A tv station in okc, who knows if he is, and if in fact he turns out to be one, i would be phoning his employer warning them of his copyright infringement.

by billy:I not only received phone calls from the TV station I chase for

Quick rundown on who's been infringed upon:

Scott Blair
Darin Brunin
David Drummond
Melanie Metz
Nick Grillo
Dan Robinson
Karen Rhoden
Warren Faidley

If I were you, I'd be getting on the phone with some lawyers, I'm also VERY interested in seeing his DVD, its a *steal* at 10 bucks.

wow

Man, I REALLY have to feel for Mr. Grillo, first chase pictures on the plains, first tornadoes on the Plains, and this is what happens.

Not to exclude the other victims dealt this blow but Nick, sorry about that man.... dont take that kind of crap from anyone. Your pics are awesome, make sure you dont let ANYONE get away with this.

Whois on the domain name shows this to be the host/isp for the site. I suggest those who have had their pics ripped off write them an email and get the site pulled down.

Billy,

You and your graphic designer have committed an illegal act by violating the United States Copyright Law. If you do not understand US Copyright Law I suggest that you immediately refer to http://www.copyright.gov/ or have an attorney explain it to you.

The same laws that protect your music and song lyrics apply to the Visual Arts, of which photography is a part.

These laws exist to protect all intellectual property within the United States.

© All Rights Reserved is not a suggestion. It is United States law.

Publishing someone else's work in print or web is just one violation. Claiming that work as your own - that is another violation.

Billy - violation of US Copyright Law is serious. Best to remedy this immediately.

Apparently someone here thinks they are funny. I posted a comment and left my real name in the guys guestbook and someone comes along and posts this:

pretty immature doing a MROB thing dont you think, David. Very uncool to steal images but don't act like MROB didnt have her images stolen from Drummond. In fact thats what started it all. Drummond doesn't have a pot to piss in but he's been taking credit for other chasers stuff for years, ask graham, tom tackett, melissa bond and others. Give me a break.

Take that @#%$! down Billy, its not cool to steal from others.

Common guys, doesn't that crap even get old yet? Didn't have balls enough to leave your name though did ya?

If someone is going to try to get his site pulled down, interested parties may first want to save images of the web site to document any infringement. Not intended to be legal advice, just a suggestion.

Taking a look at his site, it seems there may be problems that go beyond storm chasing. The photo labeled "Brad Paisley and Billy share a performance at the Diamond Ballroom - Oklahoma City, OK" appears to me to have been doctored. Examine the center of the picture between the two musicians... When you enlarge the photo you can see that the left part is an exact mirror image of the right, right down to the pixel level. This is an easy thing to do with photoshop, but would never happen in a real photo. There are other things that look wrong with the photo as well, but that was the clincher for me. I begin to doubt he ever played with Brad Paisley at all. I only examined 2 of the "musician" photos in detail, and one of those was apparently faked. It wouldn't surprise me if the other pics are photoshopped too.

Originally posted by David Drummond
Apparently someone here thinks they are funny. I posted a comment and left my real name in the guys guestbook and someone comes along and posts this:

pretty immature doing a MROB thing dont you think, David. Very uncool to steal images but don't act like MROB didnt have her images stolen from Drummond. In fact thats what started it all. Drummond doesn't have a pot to piss in but he's been taking credit for other chasers stuff for years, ask graham, tom tackett, melissa bond and others. Give me a break.

Take that @#%$! down Billy, its not cool to steal from others.

Common guys, doesn't that crap even get old yet? Didn't have balls enough to leave your name though did ya?

David,

I think that Billy guy might be behind some of those comments. There are more posted now....a mighty big piss off if you take a look I have a feeling.

wow...some of you all who are angry are pretty pathetic. David's post on Billy's guestbook was the only real adult one I read in the first two pages. True, what Billy did is nowhere near acceptable (in fact it's just bad, wrong and dumb), but it looks as if some of you need to grow up.

Tuesday 06/14/2005 6:45:23pm
Name:
Homepage:
E-Mail:
Referred By: Friend
City/Country:
Comments: Wow! David Drummond has had his @#%$! stolen by another chaser. What are the odds of that?

Guess he forgot he stole the video from two chasers, so far, claiming it as his. That's copyright infringement too.

But, what would you expect from a habitual ex-con?

Karma is a @#%$! isn't it?

The "Karma is a . . ." line makes me think that Melissa posted (at least) that.

Or at least someone that knows Mel's writing style (sans spelling errors) and regularly follows her LJ.

Originally posted by Brett Adair

I think that Billy guy might be behind some of those comments. There are more posted now....a mighty big piss off if you take a look I have a feeling.

Nah, I know who it is just by their writing style. I think most people do. Most on here know Graham and Tom Tackett....both still a couple of my best friends, feel fee to ask them anything you please.

Originally posted by Kiel Ortega
wow...some of you all who are angry are pretty pathetic. David's post on Billy's guestbook was the only real adult one I read in the first two pages. True, what Billy did is nowhere near acceptable (in fact it's just bad, wrong and dumb), but it looks as if some of you need to grow up.

What makes you think Dave did it? Anyone could claim they're dave on guestbooks.

Originally posted by Dan Cook+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan Cook)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kiel Ortega

What makes you think Dave did it? Anyone could claim they're dave on guestbooks.[/b]

The one I signed my name to, I most certainly posted that. It was all I needed to post. I don't need to hide behind anything. If I have something to say I will most certainly sign my name to it. I never had a problem with that in the past, and I certainly don't now.

EDIT: I am not going to get into the slamfest that a couple are wanting to drag me in to in that, let them post what they want, I won't give them that control in my life any more. I posted what I had to say to the guy, I also emailed it. If the pics don't come down I will see if something further needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back