Photos taken without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by chad lawson
since he is a country singer and song writer maybe he can write and sing a song apoligizing. he could call it ( USING PICTURES WITHOUT PERMISSION) :D

I don't know. Maybe he steals the songs too. :lol:

This is lame beyond words. What's worse, the theft is so brazen I have to wonder how he ever thought he would get away with it. What up Billy? Did you want to get caught?

Not only is this blatant copyright infringement, but it's woefully unethical. I too wanted to give him benefit of doubt. But this is too obvious. Way too obvious.

For shame dude. That's just limp.

db

http://stormcast.net/

Im not trying to defend the guy but he doesn't exactly say the pictures are his. He says they are of a particular storm. Now granted they are displayed as though one could be lead to believe they are his and copyrights are cropped but Im leaving a little wiggle room.

If it were my photos that were being stolen, I do believe that I would take legal action against this person. We all love sharing photos of our chase encounters and experiences, and it would be totally ashame if we had to keep our copyrighted photos to ourself because of theft from such idiots. Is this Billy person actually a member? Maybe we should make this a private forum and only allow members to view. Therefore, only by registration can you see any of these photos.

Anyone think that is a good idea?

yeah i wanted to give him the benefit of doubt at first too, but this ends all wiggle room for me...found on his front page

All images Copyright and U.S. patent protected, © 1996 - 2005

Billy Griffin Productions, Natural Images Photography

Originally posted by Tyler Allison
Im not trying to defend the guy but he doesn't exactly say the pictures are his. He says they are of a particular storm. Now granted they are displayed as though one could be lead to believe they are his and copyrights are cropped but Im leaving a little wiggle room.

I was thinking that too..kinda a gray area..until I saw this:

All images Copyright and U.S. patent protected, © 1996 - 2005

Billy Griffin Productions, Natural Images Photography

Originally posted by Mike Mezeul II
wow wow wow... looks like he just updated his site from this past saturday, and Scott Blair's, David Drummond's, Melanie Metz's, Dan Robinson's and Nick Grillo's pics all appear...and to make things worse, everyones copyrights have all been cropped off. These are the pics with the copyrights
http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic....?t=6836&start=0

..also...16 tornadoes? Funny how SPC has only 10 reported...

...this is just sad...and thats an understatement

Guess I'm glad I haven't gotten around to posting mine yet.

Im not trying to defend the guy but he doesn't exactly say the pictures are his.

Yeah but cropping off the copyright shows the intent. Gotta be pretty cool to do that. Guess his music fans won't know the dif.

Originally posted by Brett Adair
Is this Billy person actually a member?

yes :(

Its sicking that he did this, in his profile, it says met. student at OU. I have to wonder if that is true or if he has ever gone and chased at all? it appers all the tornado photos from a few days ago are stolen.

That is low, very low.

Originally posted by Tyler Allison

Doesn't really matter ... still copyright infringement. Any display, copying, distribution whatsoever without the copyright holder's express permission is unlawful. Whether or not he claims they are his, the intent is obviously to give the impression that they are ...

What, the 20 or so antennas and the big friggin dish on the truck not enough to salvage your piss-poor photography skills? Stick to your day job, pal.

I wonder what Billy's reply will be. Maybe something similar to the red light running. Get your posts in now before the mods shut it down!

Sad....just sad :( :x

I haven't even chased/posted pics this year and still, I was quite upset when I saw this. I just could not believe what I was seeing. Of all the 'stolen' pic/vid stories I've heard, this, by far, has been the most blatant.

This is just as 'low' as the 'yahoos' who are out there creating dangerous situations for emergency personnel/law enforcement and other chasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back