Photos taken without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a blow to us all, for someone we considered to be one of us and a part of our "chase family" to steal the works of others and passing them off as their own.... I really feel for each and every one of you who was a victim of this!

I checked his site and didn't see any of my stuff onthere, but I know if I did I would be pissed... just go to my site and you will see that I do not have many tornado pictures, I have very few that I took so I'd be pissed if someone took them and passed them off as mine.

Stealing the works of others isn't just wrong, but illegal!

Billy, man.. you need to offer an explanation and an apology...

Boy! This beats the Michael Jackson thread by a mile. This is one Great Board! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoever did BG's site (presumably but not with certainty BG himself) is many, many bricks short of a load -- or picks short of a strum -- or whatever....

Originally posted by Dave Kaplow
The photo labeled \"Brad Paisley and Billy share a performance at the Diamond Ballroom - Oklahoma City, OK\" appears to me to have been doctored. .

Dave, I too got a funny feeling looking at those... correct me if I'm wrong.. but to me it looks like those were taken in a Wax museum! Those look like Wax figures of the artists, not the artists themselves.

Originally posted by Dan Cook+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dan Cook)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kiel Ortega
wow...some of you all who are angry are pretty pathetic. David's post on Billy's guestbook was the only real adult one I read in the first two pages. True, what Billy did is nowhere near acceptable (in fact it's just bad, wrong and dumb), but it looks as if some of you need to grow up.

What makes you think Dave did it? Anyone could claim they're dave on guestbooks.[/b]

I think you misunderstood what I said. I was commenting that David's post (which he admitted he made on the guest book) was more adult (and RATIONAL) than other comments made by anonymous posters who probably are monitoring this thread.

Originally posted by Kiel Ortega
wow...some of you all who are angry are pretty pathetic. David's post on Billy's guestbook was the only real adult one I read in the first two pages. True, what Billy did is nowhere near acceptable (in fact it's just bad, wrong and dumb), but it looks as if some of you need to grow up.

Check your references, my post also goes by my name. No shame in anything I post.

Originally posted by Kiel Ortega

I totally agree. David has the balls to post with his real name. All this other crap is just showing a great level of immaturity.

i just did a yahoo search on billy griffin the singer, look what i found.

http://www.soultracks.com/billy_griffin.htm

and

http://www.billygriffin.ws/content.html.

Must be a different person huh. Find it hard to believe that two country singers would be named billy griffin.

edit, i might add if he has toured with as many famous people as he says he has, and is a storm chaser who "takes great photos", don't you think he would be more "in the news" i mean, thats something you don't see everyday.

Something is rotten in the OKC

Originally posted by Douglas Mitchell+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Douglas Mitchell)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jeremy Lemanski
i just did a yahoo search on billy griffin the singer, look what i found.

http://www.soultracks.com/billy_griffin.htm

and

http://www.billygriffin.ws/content.html.

Must be a different person huh. Find it hard to believe that two country singers would be named billy griffin.

Probably stole his identity too... :evil:[/b]

Nah, the name thing doesn't bother me, it's a common name and there are LOTS of musicians out there. Plus the other BG is not really a country singer. The names are probably a coincidence - which isn't to say that the soulful Billy Griffin's lawyer won't be contacting the country Billy Griffin about using the name, even if he really was born with it. In the music biz names are important, and lawsuits frequent. But the name thing isn't a big issue as far as I'm concerned. Now, if the guy's music turns out to have been stolen too, that's another story.

Billy or someone pretending to be him seems to be responding in his guestbook. I'd say check it out, but I'd hate to give his website any more hits then we already have.

its interesting, the site call billygriffin.com has a no right click thing, your not allowed to try and copy stuff. However, the chasing site that billy has up does allow right clicking. it seems odd that one area of his site would be protected where as another, with pictures, wouldn't be.

BTW, yes billy griffin is a common name, but i tried my hardest to find another somewhat famous singer name that who has played with the likes named on his site and just can't find an ounce of info

Originally posted by mikegeukes
I suggest you somehow save the images that Billy Griffin has posted,
in case they disappear from the web site.

Mike

What you really need is a screenshot. On windows computers, just hit the "Print Screen" button and that puts a snapshot on your clipboard and you can paste it in to any image editing program and save it. Now sure how you do it on the Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back