OFFICIAL POLL: Appropriateness of sexual topics on Stormtrack

Are sexual topics appropriate on Stormtrack?

• Sexual topics should not be allowed

Votes: 59 37.3%
  • Yes, but with close moderation

Votes: 78 49.4%
  • There should be no restrictions on sexual topics

Votes: 21 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The choice is obvious: keep ST going year-round with off-topic stuff, or opt for the "pro" image and keep it weather-only. However the latter will mean the board will be dead for the majority of a given year. I'm cool with either scenario, but IMO trying to merge the two is a FAIL.

I can be "professional" if that's what the setting requires; I cut-up in here and speak my mind because, thus far, the forum has been designed to where that's acceptable. I push the limit to find out exactly where the limits are. As far as a "pro" style forum, I can do that as well. However, if ST should decide to become "business-only", I think non-post accounts for several months at a time would be acceptable, as you can only talk so much about the weather.

I have been trying to think of a polite way to say this, however I cannot so here is.

Shut the heck up. All I have seen here this last week is gripe, and gripe. Grow the heck up, live with the rules that have been in place for years. If you cannot do that, then go elsewhere.
This board has operated for years as weather only. I have never seen too much of a dead area, there is winter weather that people discuse. And on top of that there is still the education topics. no matter how long you have been chasing there is always new things to learn.
Lets get this forum back where it needs to be without making Tim or the mods insane.
Just my 2 cents.

I have been trying to think of a polite way to say this, however I cannot so here is.

Shut the heck up. All I have seen here this last week is gripe, and gripe. Grow the heck up, live with the rules that have been in place for years. If you cannot do that, then go elsewhere.
This board has operated for years as weather only. I have never seen too much of a dead area, there is winter weather that people discuse. And on top of that there is still the education topics. no matter how long you have been chasing there is always new things to learn.
Lets get this forum back where it needs to be without making Tim or the mods insane.
Just my 2 cents.

David...we're past all the fighting....most of us have decide to work toward a common goal. As Tim V. said, you can't please everyone. So kinda late on the first sentence. Please join the rest of us toward constructive solutions.

It seems ST is having a mid-life crisis...lol

It is trying to merge the "old school" style of what ST used to be and many of us "old fogies" grew up on and what ST has become with all the young blood that has come in with a whole new style of chasing and internet behavior. Thats where the clashes come in. Not sure how or even if they can be merged.

I am an adult so sexual content doesnt offend me if its seperate just dont intermingle it in a wx thread. But I also understand we have younger posters or people with certain religious convictions that it might offend. This is afterall a chasing forum and most of it should revolve around wx but like Shane has said and I have said many times you can only post so much about wx. Especially in the down months. Most of us dont chase blizzards so the cold months are long and boring except for editing and watching video or getting our vehicles ready for the next season so we come here to stay in touch with other chasers and blow off some steam and shoot the bull.

The one thing I will ask...if the sex talk is allowed...is to just keep it to it's own thread...not spoil a thread, say about photography, to go down the wrong road.

I agree, though not so much from a standpoint of sexuality entering a thread as sticking to the topic rather than derailing it. Seems to me, as I consider the drama of the past couple of weeks, that flame wars easily spin off of comments that aren't really germane to the post at hand.

Maybe I'm being idealistic, since threads tend to take on their own life and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but staying relevant to the topic is just plain courtesy toward the thread's initiator and other posters.

David...we're past all the fighting....most of us have decide to work toward a common goal. As Tim V. said, you can't please everyone. So kinda late on the first sentence. Please join the rest of us toward constructive solutions.

I am sorry,

I have been trying to catch up on all the happenings today from the last week, as I have not been able to log in to storm track.
I may have mixed some things up. Tends to happen when you cram too much in short time.
Lets get on with it then, lets get this place a hopping.

I am sorry,

I have been trying to catch up on all the happenings today from the last week, as I have not been able to log in to storm track.
I may have mixed some things up. Tends to happen when you cram too much in short time.
Lets get on with it then, lets get this place a hopping.

No problem...just trying to keep things on level. And I hear ya about mixing things up, and hell, it was a ton to read...and sometimes only certain posts stick in the mind.

--------------------
Seems like a steady stream of votes still coming in. The results (so far) certainly has swung differently than when the poll first began.

Well, I didn't make it in time to vote, but had I, I would have voted for NO RESTRICTION, mainly because LIGHT MODERATION (i.e. removal of obscene material only) was not a option.

Back