Day 4-Day 8 Outlooks Graphics

Graphic from the day 4-day 8 outlook is below around 2 or 3 posts, I managed to get a screen shot before I got 403'd!

Anybody plan to use this kind of tool for storm chasing should it come public?

Thats not yet operational and available to the public. It's only viewable via the NOAA.GOV server...basically for NWS personnel attm. Hopefully they perfect it soon. I wouldn't use it to base a chase off of....but it gives you a bit of a look forward if you're stuck in a dry spell. I know in really boring severe weather seasons...sometimes you spend most of your time looking well into the future to try and find some potential for severe weather.

We shall see. I am guessing that they will receive mostly positive feedback on them.

...Alex Lamers...

Thats not yet operational and available to the public. It's only viewable via the NOAA.GOV server...basically for NWS personnel attm. Hopefully they perfect it soon. I wouldn't use it to base a chase off of....but it gives you a bit of a look forward if you're stuck in a dry spell. I know in really boring severe weather seasons...sometimes you spend most of your time looking well into the future to try and find some potential for severe weather.

We shall see. I am guessing that they will receive mostly positive feedback on them.

...Alex Lamers...

Yeah, from the little peak that I took, it's basically a "general thunderstorm" colored outline... It covered the entire southeast US. It was pretty broad scale, so I wouldn't base my chases on it. I should have grabbed the image while I still had the chance - Perhaps I have it cached...

LOL

Judging from the fact that several SPC forecasters read and check this site, I doubt that some will be able to see this much longer ;)

Thanks for the sneak preview!

Re: LOL

Judging from the fact that several SPC forecasters read and check this site, I doubt that some will be able to see this much longer ;)

Thanks for the sneak preview!

I don't see what the big deal is about keeping some products forbidden to all but the NOAA.GOV domain. SPC has several experimental (non-op) products that can be viewed by the public, and no harm done. At the very least, it would be cool if SPC provided an "example" image to show and describe what that "forbidden" product looks like...

Back