Colorado Chaser Convention: You going?

• Thread starter Mike Hollingshead
  • Start date
Well I have pressed the GO button and now booked my flight – However I have to attend a meeting in London on the Friday morning …. but my direct flight connection means that I can then make the start of the 7:00pm ice breaker in Denver – how neat is that 8)

This will be my first year attending the conference and really it is the quality and subject depth of the talks that has really attracted me. Also I am looking forward to being able to speak to many of you at length – often when out chasing it is just a few snatched sentences before we shot off after a storm.

Chris C ~ I love hurricanes too! And I have a humdinger of a 2006 season planned ~ please track me down at the conference as I would live to hear of your plans as well as talking over some of the beasts of past years that I know that we have both intercepted.

Sorry for my 'absence' from this forum...been REALLY busy w/ work and other issues.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming convention. I've been attending since 2004 and I've enjoyed it.

I welcome the change in location and format. The Holiday Inn (2004/5) was a nice hotel, but, I think the Radisson is in a better location and will provide a better service for the convention. As for the Sunday 'workshop', I'm glad that it is covered in the overall registration cost (no extra fee).

Finally, the agenda...Dr. Charles Doswell, Dr. Joshua Wurman, Dr. Paul Markowski, Tim Marshall, Dr. David Gold, Jim Reed, Dr. Greg Forbes, and Jon Davies...WOW, what a lineup! This convention just keeps getting better and better every year.

Again, much thanks goes to Roger Hill and Tim Samaras for continuing to organize this annual event. It is a wonderful way of meeting up with fellow chasers and severe weather enthusiasts and to put a face to a name to those I've have never met in person before. Also, it's a great way of 'kicking off' the new season.

Just bought my plane tickets last night. Very good fares right now from St. Louis if anyone from the Midwest is still looking for plane tickets.

I will be coming in a couple days early to ski. :D If anyone is interested in getting together on the slopes on Thursday or Friday, drop me an email or PM.

I'm looking forward to it, as this will be my first time at this convention.

The convention keeps getting better and better. Scheduled after the happy hour/ice breaker and continuing until midnight, Tim Vasquez has put together a "Midnight Madness, Storm Chasing simulator" with chase cases and analysis as a part of his Forecast School

http://www.forecastschool.com/

I'm already scheduled to go to the Convention and I hear there are other folks signing on at the last minute since there are still rooms available and fairly reasonable flights.

Bill Hark

I just booked my flight and hotel reservations. This will be my first year out. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and tuning in to some of the fantastic presentations that will be given.

This year I have too much going on to attend, I'm the maid of honor at a wedding in Los Angeles and relatives are visiting me in Arizona to attend an Arabian horse show. Really bummed I have to miss the conference but I'll be there in '07!

I'm really bummed as well, but I am going to have to pass on this year's conference. I'm saving up for a video camera and also trying to pay off some debt so my wife and I can buy a house. Looks like I'm going to miss a lot of new people to the convention.

We'll all have to get together for a beer in '07!!

Originally posted by mikedeason
Unless I die beforehand, I'm there. A group of us are planning to carpool out, but final details haven't been worked out.

Mike

Ok, I'm not dead (inside joke for the few who know what I'm talking about), but I will not be attending this year afterall. I'm sure it's still going to be a great time had by all (like the past several I've attended), but at this time in my life it's probably not the best place for me to be.

I look forward to the reports from this year's convention and hope everyone has a good time. One thing I would like to see, if at all possible, is if any of the presentors or organizers could possibly but their PP presentations online.

My wishes to everyone attending to have an insightful and good time and to stay safe.

Regards,

Mike

Kanani and I will both be going this year again. Just finally paid for the rooms and registration. And best of all no wheel chair this year!!

Originally posted by Jay McCoy
Kanani and I will both be going this year again. Just finally paid for the rooms and registration. And best of all no wheel chair this year!!

Darn the luck Jay. I myself am having to hold off going this year. Trying to purchase a VX2000 before April gets here and I absolutely need to put every penny I can towards it. I want to go so bad I can taste it. There are a number of talks I am going to truly miss! Graham is tied up with school test about that time and won't be able to go either.

Back