Colorado Chaser Convention: You going?

• Thread starter Mike Hollingshead
  • Start date
well i officially made it. im currently sitting in my hotel room waiting for the iebreaker/registration to start. the trip here was very eventful tho.

the first night i stayed at the super 8 motel in des moines IA. i decided to get a bite to eat around 1am. when i left my room and stepped into the hall way, all you could smell ws marijuana smoke. found out the net morning that the room next door to me was hosting some sort of "party".

Then yesterday as i was passing thru Sterling Co, i was lucky enough to get to meet one of the many Colorado State Troopers! he let me off with a $50 speeding ticket...for doing only 9 over! :shock:

Just another added bit of "excitement". the check engine light is now on in my car :? . well ill see all you at the conference!

Great turnout so far. Record subzero temps tonight will be fun for us weather geeks here.

Bill Coyle and I are not having the best of travel luck coming over from the east coast. We both left at around 6AM EST. Both our planes had mechanical troubles. US Airways lost my luggage since Philly and has no idea where it is. Bill's delay made him miss the connecting flight and he is *STILL* in the air as I type this. Hopefully my suitcase is on that same plane. At least I got to Denver before the icebreaker.

Looks like I get to REALLY experience -15 F tonight since my coat, hat and gloves are somewhere between here and Philly.

Record subzero temps tonight will be fun for us weather geeks here.

its still too cold!!! :shock:

anyways, back on topic. the icebreaker was great! ran into a few people whom i havent seen in ages. i just wish there was a way to hook up my x-box to the tv in my room so i could watch the Driven By Passion dvd i just purchased.

Originally posted by John Farley

Of course, as fate would have it, severe thunderstorms occurred back home today - my wife headed to the basement with the 2 cats when the sirens blew. No SVR at our house, but 3-inch hail was reported a couple miles west of the STL airport, where my car is parked. It would suck big time to get my car trashed by hail sitting at the airport, when, so far, I have managed to avoid any damage on chases. But what the hell, it was a great ski day, whatever happened or didn't to my car.

Just thought I would let you know that when I got back to the STL airport, my car was fine. Apparently, the worst of the hail passed just to the north. There are still some piles of hail along I-270 - of course, not much to melt it with the temps the last couple days here.

It was great chatting with lots of you at the chaser convention. It was my first, and I had a great time. Worthy of note: record lows were set in Denver on every day of the convention - Friday (-10, in the evening), Saturday (-13) and today (-4), as well as a record low high (7) on Saturday.

Back