CHASE HOTLINE active for 2005

It looks like we will be able to run the Chase Hotline this year for a sixth season. The entire website has been updated tonight, and all forecasts going back to 2000 have been put in our archive.
http://www.chasehotline.com

We have packages starting at $89.95, which includes a recording with hourly updates and SMS E-mail target updates direct to your cell phone.

Tim Vasquez

Tim,Im glad to hear that the chase hotline will be back again this year.To anybody that has not subscribed to this service in the past you do not know what your missing.I have been subscribing to this service since Tim started it 6 years ago.No matter which package you choose you cant go wrong.I know with the price of chasing going higher and higher with the gas prices and everything else,even the cheaper package is the best 50 bucks you will spend chasing this year.Thanks again Tim you will be hearing from me.

Tim, 2 q's:-

1. Is it OK to use an aol email addy for the service as I know you steer away from it for stormtrack registration?

2. How much extra to get the phone updates to a UK mobile, if at all possible? Otherwise I shall probably have hundreds of messages on my US cellphone when I fly over.

Cheers.
Mark

Originally posted by mark humpage
Is it OK to use an aol email addy for the service as I know you steer away from it for stormtrack registration?

No problem with that, though AOL E-mail can be unreliable.

2. How much extra to get the phone updates to a UK mobile, if at all possible? Otherwise I shall probably have hundreds of messages on my US cellphone when I fly over.

To a +011 44 number? I think we can throw it in free with a VIP plan, but the standard rate wouldn't be enough to cover the charges.

Tim

Another two questions:

1. Will the SMS messages be short enough to fit on my cell phone? I'm limited to 160 characters, I'm not sure if that is global standard.

2. I'll be chasing from May 5th-10th. Is it possible to turn off the SMS service when I am not chasing?

+One more....what's the shipping charge for?

Originally posted by B Ozanne
Will the SMS messages be short enough to fit on my cell phone? I'm limited to 160 characters.

Absolutely, all SMS updates will be under 160 chars.

2. I'll be chasing from May 5th-10th. Is it possible to turn off the SMS service when I am not chasing?
Yep, just call or send an E-mail to turn it on or off.

One more....what's the shipping charge for?
A shipping charge is mentioned on the order form but is not actually inserted in your total.

Tim

Yes!! Glad to hear that this will be up for this year. I subscribed last year, and it was another tool (quite frankly the best tool) in the arsenal. I will be signing up again this year.

It looks like we will be able to run the Chase Hotline this year for a sixth season. The entire website has been updated tonight, and all forecasts going back to 2000 have been put in our archive.

I have used the Chase Hotline and absolutely recommend it to anyone chasing or even considering chasing. Tim is one of the best forecasters that I know. He has an amazing ability to target the best areas for photogenic storms. (Also take his forecast class when offered) The standard service plan is quite reasonable and the VIP plan is worth it when compared to some of the more expensive tools (ie WX WORX and cell phone data plans)
Last year, he helped me intercept some nice tornadoes. I would have seen more if I had not disregarded his advice on one day.

I also find his service to be very educational. I still do my own forecasts and compare them to Tim’s. Sometimes they agree, other times they do not. I won’t be chasing until the last two weeks of May but I will still enjoy making my forecasts and comparing them with Tim’s through the first two weeks. In fact, I would recommend the basic plan for chasers who won’t be chasing this year, those cyberchasing and for those newbies who are considering chasing in the future and are working on their forecast skills.

Bill Hark

One other thing I forgot to mention is the Chase Hotline Archives. If you are researching a specific chase day in the last few years, see if it is listed on Tim's archives. You can compare your forecast to his. I've used it when reviewing old data and chase cases.

I've signed up for Tim's CHase Hotline and I am looking forward to a grea chase season.

Bill Hark

has been updated tonight, and all forecasts going back to 2000 have been put in our archive.

Originally posted by Tim Vasquez

We have packages starting at $49.95, which includes a recording with hourly updates and SMS E-mail target updates direct to your cell phone.

Tim Vasquez

Tim, the most basic package shows as $89.95 on the website. Is there no longer a $49.95 package?

Thanks,
Scott.

Standard Package
# Morning Outlook via E-mail by 10 am
# Current target location to your cell phone via SMS E-mail every 60 minutes (or sooner near initiation time)
# SMS updates can be turned on and off daily by contacting us
# Detailed recorded forecast/nowcast from 10 am to 7 pm, updated every 60 minutes (or sooner near initiation time)
# Recorded SPC Day 2 Outlook after 7 pm
>> Sign up ($89.95)

This is what I see as of right now. After clicking Sign up it also calculates it up to $89.95. I hope I can still get it at $49.95.

-Scott.

Photo Contest:
> The prize is your photo on hundreds of thousands of Stormtrack page loads, with your name credited.

Gee. It's too bad that a (low-end) Chase Hotline package wasn't part of the photo contest prize!
:wink: :p

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

Back