00z1.jpg

250mb
300mb
500mb
850mb

Soundings

Wilmington
Pittsburg

This is the sort of setup that can tornado in northern Ohio and southeastern Michigan. But it's not as dynamic at the surface as I'd like to see. Anyway I was about to target Ann Arbor when the 00Z was posted. Either we're after the fact, or I'll target Canton, OH, for something very soon, or... bust. Bust is my top candidate.

With the new 00Z data out, I'm going to punch north from Middlesboro, KY, and cross over into Portsmouth, OH and wait for things to develop - possible asspirations to continue a northeastward progression.

A cold front extends near the IL and IN border and arcs through southeast MO into northern AR, while a warm front intersects the cold front in northeast IL and curves southeast through OH. A sfc trof also extends from the cf/wf intersection and through central IN.

I'd play an area along just east of the sfc trof/south of the warm front... Near Dayton, OH.

I'm still going with my Dayton, OH target... :)

At the hospital, still here in Lexington Kentucky getting my stomach pumped from food poisoning from earlier Taco Bell.

But did I at least see a damn tornado?

:p

I'm still in Wheeling, but I see the langoliers coming and I'm hoping for closure on this chase case soon before it ceases to exist.

I'm fairly satisfied with this one, as I am totally unfamiliar with this part of the country, I didn't deviate from my gameplan, and I had no clue what date this was. Even got within a few counties of some severe :lol:

Back