Chase Case #8

Dan Cook

EF5
Try this one out. Not from the last 3 years. :)

12z on day of chase:

12z1.gif

12z2.gif

500-oa-12.gif

250mb
300mb
500mb
850mb

Soundings
Wilmington
Pittsburg

I'm heading to Wheeling, WV for a starting point and will wait for further data.

Yeah - we're definitely going to have to wait on some more data to come in, I'm thinking. Neither sounding showing instability, with lows up and down the board from WV to PA into upstate New York. ... this doesn't really look like a tornado day so much to me so far. Will need some more information ... until then I'll sit on the outer banks and do some fishing.

Given the current synoptic situation, obs, and soundings - Think I'll sit around the tristate area of TN/KY/VA; Middlesboro, KY and wait for more data.

I'm grabbing some Taco Bell in Lexington KY..

Although I may have to run to the store shortly and buy something for the indigestion that's going to come later on.... :wink:

A cold front extends near the IL and IN border and arcs through southeast MO into northern AR, while a warm front intersects the cold front in northeast IL and curves southeast through OH. A sfc trof also extends from the cf/wf intersection and through central IN.

I'd play an area along just east of the sfc trof/south of the warm front... Near Dayton, OH.

Back