CHASE CASE #8

Good road options and a pretty good location, I think I'm going to sit tight and toss around the frisbee for a bit (all while watching data) in Nebraska City, NE.

Stuffed and overheard someone saying there has been some tornados in Nebraska and Iowa. Check the phone for watches and warnings... Time to move, but not to far.

Heading north, its a 40-45 minute drive to Cameron, MO from Liberty. If I remember correctly, I cxan snipe some WiFi from the Days Inn. I will check on some data at that point. Still looks like a loooong day.

Ken

Driving West on the 70 leaving Columbia, MO to get to Kansas City, MO, checking radar and the sky to think whether to head NE to Cameron, MO off of the 35, or to head south on 435/71, but I don't want to get too far from the IA/MO/NE interface, so going to Cameron and can be there in less than 3 hours ready for next update. Plus, I'm doing the tornadic supercell shimmy, which should help make up for any mistakes. (and I promise I'm not copying you Ken, I see that you posted while I was composing my response, heh)

Last edited by a moderator:
Diverted west on I-80 from Lincoln to meet the line. Witnessed at least one tornado that was fairly difficult to see moving northward to the vicinity of York and Benedict.

Moving back eastward on I-80 to keep ahead of the line, and to get into the better surface moisture. The day is already a success, but this early in the day, I'm hoping for more. :)

Going to jog east on hwy 2 to Nebraska City, NE. I'll have good road options and an easy way across the river if/when needed. Thinking will want to hang near the vorticity of the surface low.

Im content in Nebraska City, NE liked the look of the wind profilers and slightly backed winds here at the surface. May have to move SE shortly as the tdd's are concerning more to the west. Having some ice cream at the DQ that is inside of this abandoned grocery store, weird.

Looks like a nice dry slot moving in towards SW Iowa to get things cleared out. That area looks more vulnerable to me for tornadic supercells. I will move to Clarinda IA and keep a serious eye on afternoon trends. In these kind of patterns...it will be either SE Nebraska or SW Iowa for supercell development. Whether these are tornadic will remain to be seen. Looks to me like a nose of a wind max is aimed at this area....hope the supercells can get up and at 'em in time.... things looking pretty volatile for later. Fingers crossed.

I like the CU field building on the southern end of the frontal boundary in the extreme NE corner of Oklahoma and will take a rough estimate of where it will be come the new update and start heading towards Aurora, MO. I hope to get a nice tail-end charlie.

I'm going to make the very short drive N up to Nebraska City, NE and join the crowds for some frisbee. I still anticipate having to move further E into MO or IA but I'm hoping a nice boundary can set up here in E NE and I can jump on cells as they develop.

Seeing that events are starting to unfold a little too far north for my liking, I book it up towards the border and stop at Springdale, AR and I wait for the new radar to come in.

I'm itching to move farther west into the SW corner of IA but I always seem to make a move too early so I'm going to sit tight in Osceola, IA until the next update.

Back