CHASE CASE #8

Not sure how much the sounding data will help given the massive convective contamination. I will hold off any moves until I can get more updates on surface, satellite, and radar trends. Sitting in Des Moines this morning...nervous as usual before the chase...

Haven't had much time to chew on the data before going to bed, and may change my mind in the morning. But while the TOP sounding is to-die for with enough daytime heating, I just don't like all that early crap going on down in KS, plus it's liable to get swept from the southwest pretty soon. I'm looking north where there's plenty of moisture and a little less capola -- between Aberdeen and the Twin Cities somewhere.

[morning edit] Northern action looks like it's going to be late and east into MN and WI. I really don't want to be way up here for the longer term in this pattern anyway. The picture down in the Arklatex are is more comprehensible with drylines and sunshine and stuff. Decent soundings. Put me in Greenville, TX, just northeast of Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will sit put in Springfield, Mo. until more data comes in. At the very least I can observe this line as it moves closer.

Still liking my morning spot here in Des Moines, IA. I'm sitting in a severe watch box and seeing the morning convection off to my southwest.

OK, Im convinced after seeing the latest data! Im gonna make the 3 hour drive to Des Moines, IA. Will be there just in time to grab lunch and check out 18Z data around 1 PM.

15z was not much news aside from the morning wave that seems to be exiting stage right at a decent pace. Sfc low to the southwest should become a bit more anchored by afternoon based on upper low location. Staying put in Des Moines for now...will make a move west probably....but will need to monitor data closely after lunch.

Back