CHASE CASE #3

I THINK I KNOW THE DATE! UH OH! I WILL PM YOU DANNY, AND LET ME KNOW IF I AM CORRECT.

IF IT IS IN FACT THE DATE I AM THINKING OF, IT IS A GREAT CASE.

UGH!.....FAIL!.....thanks to Justin I know what day this is. I didn't chase this day in real life as I was living in Arkansas at the time. Wish I had chased this day.

LETS NOT GIVE ANY CLUES IF WE ARE IN FACT CORRECT. SOME OF THOSE CHASING MAY NOT BE AWARE.

I HAVE GREAT VIDEO FOR THIS EVENT THAT I'LL TRY TO PUT TOGETHER.

Busting west out of Sioux City, IA to the O'Neil, NE area. Initiation occurring in that area and I should get to O'Neil area as the storms mature.

Hmm... after looking at the vis satellite and the latest data, I would place myself in Belleville, KS, which gives me the option of moving west on Highway 36 or north on Highway 81 to intercept any cells that initiate from the cu field in the Hill City-Phillipsburg area.

I still do not know what the date is, so im still in.

Im going to move west just a smidge, to Seneca, KS. There I will be able to move in any direction fairly easily. Awaiting the storms to fire up to make another move! Let it happen!!! :D

Drove up to Sioux City from Ames in the morning. Currently sitting there near the warm front.

I have seen this SPC discusion before and have a few events running though my head but without knowing for sure I will stay in the game and will stay at Betrice, Nebraska untill storms initiate.

I just got caught up on all the updates as I have been on the road today. As of the last update I would have made my way south from Plankinton, SD towards the O'neill, NE area and would be intercepting the storm currently in Holt County, NE.

At the 12Z update, I've decided to leave Lawrence and head to Belleville, KS. Good east west and north south options out there. Don't want to head to far west into capville, so am cautiously moving west northwest. Gonna get there around 20Z and will await the next update.

After seeing the 20Z maps, I'm going to head out of Belleville to the west and maybe drop a little south, but am keeping an eye on the radar. Gonna head toward Osborne, KS for now

I don't recognize the day but look at those cells in eastern CO! From Beatrice I'm closing the gap on the cell near Hebron, NE. Don't know if it'll go tornadic but it's the biggest thing I can reach at the time.

Back