• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

CHASE CASE #3

Looks like I would have been in the right place for the NC KS tubes so I am calling this one a success. Danny, thanks for putting this together.

Cool...I think I would have bagged most if not all the naders that dropped from that Haper Co/Sumner Co Supercell. Thanks for putting this together Danny.

I had to bow out of this chase case early because I recognized the set up and date. This day (5-29-04) was a special day for me for a number of reasons one of which was filming a record 17-18 tornadoes in 2.5 hours. Another was becuase I took a direct hit from a sat. tornado which injured me pretty bad.
I have posted a link below to the some video from that day from our show "Tornado Hunters"....was a crazy day!!!!!! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtOrMcuSxY

I had to bow out of this chase case early because I recognized the set up and date. This day (5-29-04) was a special day for me for a number of reasons one of which was filming a record 17-18 tornadoes in 2.5 hours. Another was becuase I took a direct hit from a sat. tornado which injured me pretty bad.
I have posted a link below to the some video from that day from our show "Tornado Hunters"....was a crazy day!!!!!! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtOrMcuSxY

I LOVE THE QUOTE IN TORNADO HUNTERS, "WE AREN'T AFTER THE BLEEPING NORMAN ROCKWELL VIEW". PRICELESS. . .

Probably would've gotten the tornado in Brown Co., SD...along with plenty of wind and hail...another busted vehicle for me for this year's virtual chases lol

I did not participate in this case because I got in very late, and soon after I did get caught up on reading everything became suspicious this was the date. In real life I chased this day. After getting suckered a little too far north by earlier storms, I played catch-up with the monster HP supercell that moved across OK. Saw 4+ inch hailstones on the ground near Thomas, OK, at least 3 or 4 funnels, and strong anti-cyclonic rotation and funnel near Calumet. The latter may have been the last in the string of tornadoes near Calumet; couldn't tell for sure as my view of the surface under the funnel was blocked by trees. I missed the earlier, more obvious tornadoes near Calumet as I was trying to get back to the storm after I had to detour south to I-40 to cross the Canadian River.

Back