Chase Case #1

I'd be sitting in Beatrice, NE since it's clearing up a bit faster than the surrounding areas and I have a good road options to the north/south/east.

It looks to me like there is a good bit of nice soupy air being pumped into central OK. I also like the divergence in the north central part of the state. Since I can only guess as to what happened the previous day, I'm going to assume I was chasing the prior day's setup, so I'll guess I was somewhere in Western KS. So I'm going to drive from DDC down towards Alva, OK and take another look at everything in 2 1/2 hours.

After looking things over some more, I think we'll say I'm stopping in Wichita, KS, at least until the next outlook, rather than pushing north to Salina. From there, I still should be able to play either north or south.

Quick request for for title modification...if a date can be added or something...to make it easier during searches when it comes up versus older "Chase Case" threads. I can never keep up with the thread...so I often play afterwards, best I can.

I'm waking up in a truck stop parking lot in Salina, KS. Risley wanted to go somewhere else the night before, but I couldn't "thesaurus and drive"....so I'm chilling in Salina.

Thanks Danny for starting one up! I like the looks of the southern target, will setup today in Childress, TX and wait for later data.

Put me in St. Joe, MO. I'm gonna hang around the left exit region of that trough that's pushing through, or at least where I hope its going to be. Looking at the vis sat, the airmass should recover in the wake of those morning squalls moving across MO and destabilize nicely, maybe putting down a few outflow boundaries to work with later. My morning will allow me to adjust west (lets hope not east) and north south as the pattern shifts.

Back