6/2 NOW: OK/KS

Line of supercells / supercells embedded in an MCS has been raking northcentral and northeastern OK the past couple of hours, with numerous 80mph wind reports. Latest Warning Decision Update out of OUN mentions the strong risk of 80-100mph winds with this afternoon's convection... SPC will likely issue another watch to cover portions of southern and western OK too soon. Strong instability is in place with CAPEs >4000 across much of OK and TX, along with good directional shear.

If storms continue developing westward along the merged front/outflow boundary, the complex will likely affect DFW this evening as well. Throw in the potential for supercells this afternoon and evening along outflow boundaries floating around and a big honkin' MCS working down from the Panhandle later tonight, and things could get interesting. Unfortunately, yesterday's storms left behind quite a mess, with widespread wind damage and 300,000 homes and businesses still without power. It would seem the potential for wind damage will be even worse this time around.

74F degree dewpoint here right now...lots of juice.

Gustnado

We just had three BIG gustnados here were I work (North of Will Rogers Airport OKC). If I can find a free server to load the video clip on I will add it the the reports thread. 300 feet from me awsome!!!

Mickey Ptak

A clear outflow boundary is moving southwest across western OK and the TX panhandle. It looks like it triggered the cell over southeast CO and it will shortly interact with the dry line in TX

We just had three BIG gustnados here were I work (North of Will Rogers Airport OKC). If I can find a free server to load the video clip on I will add it the the reports thread. 300 feet from me awsome!!!

Mickey Ptak

I wouldn't be suprized, I watched the gust front come into Norman, and the clouds were spinning like crazy! Possibly a roll cloud is what I saw, but all horizontal rotation.

Back