3/12/06 NOW: KS/MO

Mike J, I'm glad your dad has checked in with you as it looks like a serious tornado passed him by to the north.

Code:
1047 PM     TORNADO          NIXA                    37.04N 93.29W 

03/12/2006                   CHRISTIAN          MO   AMATEUR RADIO   

DEBRIS REPORTED IN NIXA ALONG HIGHWAY 160 AND AA. DEBRIS 

INCLUDES INSULATION AND BOARDS.

Damage update on Springfield, MO Tornado....

DEBRIS REPORTED IN NIXA ALONG HIGHWAY 160 AND AA. DEBRIS INCLUDES INSULATION AND BOARDS. (SGF)
-this area is just south of Springfield and on the north side of Nixa

HOME DESTROYED NEAR P HIGHWAY AND WISEHILL ROAD. POSSIBLE TORNADO DAMAGE (SGF)
-Republic area... just southwest of Springfield

1047 PM TORNADO NIXA 37.04N 93.29W
03/12/2006 CHRISTIAN MO AMATEUR RADIO

STRUCTURE DAMAGE REPORTED AT TRAILER PARK...NEAR 160 AND
CC HIGHWAY. POSSIBLE TORNADO DAMAGE.

1105 PM TORNADO 3 S BATTLEFIELD 37.07N 93.37W
03/12/2006 CHRISTIAN MO AMATEUR RADIO

HOME DESTROYED ON 115 SOUTH OF GREENE/CHRISTIAN COUNTY
LINE. POWERLINES, DOWNED TREES, DEBRIS, AND HOMES
DESTROYED NEAR P AND NICHOLS ROAD...ALSO ALONG AA
HIGHWAY. POSSIBLE TORNADO DAMAGE

doesn't sound good AT ALL

It's looking the line that is about to be the southern extent of the squall line is beginning to form. Some small blips on radar from the Red River (cooke and grayson counties, TX, NNE toward Benton and Washington counties, AR...

I know it's a little early to speculate, but that storm that just scathed Branson, MO looks to be heading for another populous area... West Plains, MO. This is turning out to be a very bad day for Missouri indeed.

Originally posted by Alex Lamers
1121pm SGF image .... SAVE IT! Anyone have smoothing that could post it? That thing is almost a donut on 0.5º slice. Absolutely incredible. Even with the standard pixels you can make out the exact arc. That is one strong supercell.
KSGF_1121pm.png

TX (Denton County)

I'm at my home in just outside of Denton, TX. Watching storms fire up to my west and north as well. There is a very clear line developing here. Winds are picking up and you can feel the energy starting to build. Lots of lightening.

SPC now forecasting damaging tornadoes to continue for at least another several hours per the new MD. New severe cell in SE IA now too. It's like the storms don't want to end!

That storm that just missed Springfield is incridible! I would almost bet that thing is putting down a violent tornado... and it appears that Licking, MO is in for a rough ride soon.

Oh lord, I hope that beast in Wright Co. stays south. My aunt and her husband live in Licking, in north central Texas Co. The storm is about 40 miles to their west/southwest has exhibited a bit of northeasterly wobble in it's easterly track, which concerns me because if it continues that wobble the tornado would nail Licking head on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay south and miss them.

Edit: Unfortunatley the storm does not look like it is going to stay south. Licking is probably going to get a, um, "licking" from this storm. I have called my aunt twice today, once this morning and another time about half an hour ago. She kind of blew me off this morning, but she took me much more seriously when I called her half an hour ago and told her about the Springfield tornadic cell. I hope they're safe and will be praying hard the next half hour or so for their safety.

Very bad things are happening in MO, true... But keep an eye on our original long-distance champion supercell, now entering Indiana where the SPC has just issued a new MD concerning an increasingly positive environment there. This amazing cell might still be a major player, especially if it can re-intensify and regain tight rotation. It's looking pretty impressive right now on IND radar.

...THIS IS A TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR RURAL SECTIONS OF WRIGHT COUNTY
INCLUDING THE COMMUNITY OF DUNCAN...

AT 1121 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM
SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THE
TORNADO WAS LOCATED 9 MILES NORTH OF SEYMOUR...OR 10 MILES SOUTHEAST
OF MARSHFIELD...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

THE TORNADO WILL BE...
6 MILES NORTH OF HARTVILLE BY 1135 PM CST.

THE TOWNS OF ODIN...GROVESPRING...MANES AND GRAFF ARE ALSO IN THE
PATH OF THIS TORNADO.

Originally posted by Mark Farnik
Oh lord, I hope that cell in Wright Co. stays south. My aunt and her husband live in Licking, in north central Texas Co. The storm is about 40 miles to their west/southwest has exhibited a bit of northeasterly wobble in it's easterly track, which concerns me because if it continues that wobble the hook would nail Licking head on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay south and miss them.

Mike I would give them a call in 10 minutes if it doesn't look any better. As of right now, straight linear extrapolation takes the circulation just north of Licking but not by much. However, the supercell appears to be deviating right again in the past couple scans.

Back