3/12/06 NOW: KS/MO

Originally posted by Ryan McGinnis
Battlefield, MO appears to have just been overrun by the hook of the tornadic storm just south of Springfield, MO. Note the weird 'ball' on the end of the hook echo -- did someone here say this is indicative of debris?

If that where ever the case :?: I am sure it would be occurring now with the storm passing so close to the radar!

Bad news out of Greene Co. Missouri, where a tornado emergency has just been declared for the southern half of Springfield and south Greene Co. :shock: Apparently a large tornado on the ground in Battlefield moving east, right into the very densely populated southern suburbs. I know that because my aunt used to live there.
Mike J., your dad is in terrible danger right now. I will be praying for him and all the other poor souls this monster is threatening.
At this rate, half of Missouri's major cities will be in ruins by the time the sun rises... :(

I'd say, yes, Ryan. :( Seeing this is deja vu of 5/4/03 where my group followed the "Pierce City" tornado all the way into the southwest side of Springfield (IL). That was a large multi-vortex beast for much of its length with a big old ball hook that looked almost exactly like that. That one really ripped Battlefield, too.

Branson also looks like it might take a hit. This would make the list KC, SGF, Branson, Columbia, and Jefferson City all hit today....I believe 5 of the top 6 most populated cities in Missouri (not 100%) minus St Louis.

Fatality confirmed in Henry County MO from earlier tonight.

Code:
0811 PM     TORNADO          3 W URICH               38.47N 94.05W

03/12/2006                   HENRY              MO   PUBLIC

*** 1 FATAL *** TORNADO WEST OF URICH...SOUTH OF 

CREIGHTON. 1 FATALITY CONFORMED 3 N URICH...HOUSE 

DESTOYED.

You've gotta be freaking kidding me......Jefferson City!? Circulation looks to be there within 10-15 minutes. Let's hope nothing is reported on the ground.

I'd post a link, but I know everyone's looking at pretty much the same thing.
[/url]

Tornado was reported just south of US65 and James River Freeway as it moved through Springfield, MO. This path would have led it through the edge of the southern residential area, skirting by Springfield Lake.

Branson storm looks to pass to the south, maybe hitting Hollister and areas SW.

Not to detract from the main event, but there finally appears to be initiation in North Texas after awaiting a cap breach all day. The first cell going up along the dryline just east of Gainesville. This is in the same area that SPC previously issued an MD for supercelluar activity.

I'm quite concerned about close relatives of mine south of Branson... they live just west of Ridgedale on table rock lake.... that AR border tornadic supercell is taking dead aim on them... Ugh.

Back