3/12/06 NOW: KS/MO

Originally posted by Matthew E. Engelbrecht+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matthew E. Engelbrecht)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Alex Lamers
New report on WILL...nobody allowed into Springfield. All entrances are closed off. Heavy damage per state police.

Boy...I don't know about this...i'm not shooting the messengers here, but the last Z/V scans that I see are stamped 0432Z and show the rotation on the lowest levels 12 miles, 201 degrees from the radar site. I have been at that site and I know that it is well to the west of town, so I can't see how Springfield could have been hit yet. Maybe i'm wrong....I hope i'm right....but it doesn't make sense to me that Springfield would have been hit just yet? Am I wrong?![/b]

Springfield ILLINOIS ;)

Originally posted by Matthew E. Engelbrecht+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matthew E. Engelbrecht)</div>
New report on WILL...nobody allowed into Springfield. All entrances are closed off. Heavy damage per state police.

Boy...I don't know about this...i'm not shooting the messengers here, but the last Z/V scans that I see are stamped 0432Z and show the rotation on the lowest levels 12 miles, 201 degrees from the radar site. I have been at that site and I know that it is well to the west of town, so I can't see how Springfield could have been hit yet. Maybe i'm wrong....I hope i'm right....but it doesn't make sense to me that Springfield would have been hit just yet? Am I wrong?![/b]

wrong springfield... he's talking about SPI (illinois) not SGF (missouri)

That's for Springfield, IL, no MO :)

Debris reported in Republic, MO south of KSGF. Im thinking the circulation on this is passing just south of Springfield. Looking at BREF it appears to have done so... I agree with rdale, the IL prolific supercell has been dropped of warnings despite reflectivities around 65 dbz and a velocity couplet

Originally posted by Chris Allington
Debris reported in Republic, MO south of KSGF. Im thinking the circulation on this is passing just south of Springfield. Looking at BREF it appears to have done so... I agree with rdale, the IL prolific supercell has been dropped of warnings despite reflectivities around 65 dbz and a velocity couplet

Tornado warned at 1034 by KLOT

My dad lives in Nixa, MO, just S of Springfield and was out watching a few minutes ago -- saw cloud lowerings and flashes just to his west, his dog ran under the bed. He has no basement, so was headed to take shelter in the bathroom last I talked to him. He is supposed to call me "when it is over." Needless to say, I'm nervously waiting.

anybody ever see wording like this?

* AT 1026 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS
TRACKING A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING
SMALL...BRIEF TORNADOES. THE TORNADIC THREAT EXTENDED
FROM 6 MILES SOUTH OF GARDEN CITY TO 8 MILES NORTHEAST OF BUTLER
TO BUTLER. DOPPLER RADAR SHOWED THIS LINE OF THUNDERSTORMRS
MOVING EAST AT 70 MPH.

This is in the squall line in west central MO out of EAX.

Im thinking the circulation on this is passing just south of Springfield.

Right now the circulation is passing Battlefield... and just E and NE of that.... the large residential area on the southern side of Springfield, MO...

Rotation looks like it is weakening, however it is heading right for the interchange of US69 and the James River Freeway near Lake Springfield....

Uh oh...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CHRISTIAN AND GREENE
COUNTIES UNTIL 1115 PM CST...
...THIS IS A TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR THE SOUTHERN SECTION OF THE CITY
OF SPRINGFIELD AND SOUTHERN GREENE COUNTY...

AT 1037 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM
SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THE
TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR BATTLEFIELD...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

EAS has just activated on TV for about the fifth time tonight concerning the destructive squall line now screaming east of KC ... potential for large hail is biggest threat - but possible embedded tornadoes as well. Good grief - even the squall line is tornadic. Darin and Dick are headed straight into that right now - - think I'll give them a buzz -

Originally posted by Brett Adair
Uh oh...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR CHRISTIAN AND GREENE
COUNTIES UNTIL 1115 PM CST...
...THIS IS A TORNADO EMERGENCY FOR THE SOUTHERN SECTION OF THE CITY
OF SPRINGFIELD AND SOUTHERN GREENE COUNTY...

AT 1037 PM CST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND STORM
SPOTTERS WERE TRACKING A LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO. THE
TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR BATTLEFIELD...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

This isn't good... the Nixa/Ozark area just south of Springfield, MO is a booming area right now... lot of new development south of SGF as one heads towards Branson.... Mike Johnston, hope your father stays safe...

Mike U

Battlefield, MO appears to have just been overrun by the hook of the tornadic storm just south of Springfield, MO. Note the weird 'ball' on the end of the hook echo -- did someone here say this is indicative of debris?

Back