1/20/07-1/22/07 NOW:NM,CO,TX,OK,KS,NE,MO,IA.

Light to occassional moderate snow in Denver area. Went to bed expecting only an inch or so, woke up to Snow and Blowing Snow Advisory and 3-6 inches looks like a good bet by this evening. Turns out the departing low and incoming front working in tandem to enhance upslope flow for northeast CO when it was earlier thought they would not. I'm so glad I washed cars yesterday!:mad:

Here on the northeastern plains, we've been receiving the full brunt of the enhanced upslope flow caused by the interaction of the departing low and the incoming front that Patrick mentioned. A snow band of moderate to heavy intensity developed just after noon yesterday and has persisted for the last 24 hours over eastern Weld, Morgan, and eastern Adams/Araphahoe counties. At 7 a.m I measured 7 inches on our wind sheltered picnic table, and when I remeasured at noon, we had picked up an additional 2.5 inches to bring our storm total thus far to 9.5 inches. The snow is still falling at about 1/2 to 3/4 inch per hour with bursts to an inch per hour from time to time. The wind's blowing a steady 20 to 30 mph with 45 mph gusts, and all the roads are drifted shut AGAIN. A Snow/Blowing Snow Advisory blankets most of eastern CO, however the Palmer Divide area is under a Blizzard Warning due to topograpically enhanced winds/snowfall rates. I'm guessing that by the time the storm moves out of here late tonight/early tomorrow morning we'll have anywhere between 11 and 16 inches of snow stretching from the Palmer Divide to the Cheyenne Ridge.:D Quite a difference from last night's forecast total storm accumulations of 6 to 8 inches!

Back