06/12/05 Talk: Central Plains

A few tornado warnings out in Indiana also today.

More tornado reports from the NWS Lubbock CWA
0705 PM TORNADO 8 SSE JAYTON 33.14N 100.52W
06/12/2005 KENT TX BROADCAST MEDIA
BRIEF TOUCHDOWN

0638 PM TORNADO 5 NW JAYTON 33.30N 100.64W
06/12/2005 KENT TX NWS EMPLOYEE
A LARGE TORNADO ON THE GROUND FROM 638 TO 648 PM

0617 PM TORNADO 10 W JAYTON 33.25N 100.75W
06/12/2005 KENT TX LAW ENFORCEMENT
Mike

Tony Laubach and Jon VanDeGrift are on the cell in Fisher County, TX - they are observing a wallcloud at this time. This has been a long-lived supercell and is now the only one in all of Texas!

I wish I could type WOW here in big 30 point font!!! KENT COUNTY! Storm of the year. Makes two seasons in a row June 12 has paid off big! See the reports thread for some pics. AWESOME STORM, JUST AWESOME!

If anyone saved what had to be some unreal radar loops, reflect and velocity, would you email them to me please? Sat pics too! :D

For all of you that were chasing today, here is what the southern storm looked like at its best point.

lbb.bref1.gif

lbb.gif

I remember looking at the Baron's image--smoothed composite--and telling somebody on the radio that I would bet the storm had a huge hook on it. The composite can't resolve that feature, but if you see enough of that product you can begin to tell when one is present. That's an amazing radar shot. Thanks for posting it!

David, it's nice to see your luck has turned around. Congratulations on your catches as of late and those are some awesome pics!

Also good to see such photogenic storms this year and yet hardly any reports of injuries/deaths(0 deaths since March)...always a good thing. :)

David, it's nice to see your luck has turned around. Congratulations on your catches as of late and those are some awesome pics!

Also good to see such photogenic storms this year and yet hardly any reports of injuries/deaths(0 deaths since March)...always a good thing. :)

Thanks, I can't complain about this year AT ALL! The down side today was with the 3 motrin I took just before arriving on the storm and the adrenaline I was pumping, I completely forgot about my injured ankle and forgot about using my crutch and hobbled around on it and I am afraid I hurt it even worse. I didn't really feel it at the time, but it's killing me now. Probably be back to BOTH crutches tomorrow.

Was it worth it? HELL YES IT WAS!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the radar saves to those of you that sent them! I got what I needed I think. Nowcaster for today was Tom Tackett (great job as always) and he saved some stuff for me too!

I am still jazzed about the chase! WOW backwards even.... WOW 8)

Possible tornado in Springfield, MO this morning...

Part of warning text from SGF:
* AT 135 AM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF SIGNIFICANT WIND DAMAGE AND A
TORNADO. THE MOST DANGEROUS PORTION OF THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR
THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF SPRINGFIELD...

Part of an SVS issued about 15 min later:
AT 126 AM...75 TO 80 MPH WINDS WERE REPORTED ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE
OF SPRINGFIELD WHERE A 16 INCH DIAMETER TREE WAS LITERALLY SNAPPED
IN HALF. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION!

sgf2.gif

Radar Courtesy www.my-cast.com

I can't find anything on this from any of the local TV stations' websites...can anyone local fill us in on any updates?

I know I past a few of you guy's out there and sure wish I had gone on up to Childress sooner and joined the gathering.... Fun day though.. :D

Like David if anyone still has any radar images of these cells in Dickens Swisher Counties as well as SAT Images id love to see them. Didnt have a nowcaster today becuase he was chasing with me :). We saw the awesome truncated/stovepipe tornado near Jayton. Nice pics and video as well. We may have also witnessed a distant tornado well to the West of Hamlin. The Hamlin wallcloud had awesome Movement and some of these cells showed 138 mph shear on Baron Mobile threat net XM WXWORX.
Please if anyone can send some saved radar/velocity/ SAT data to [email protected] or [email protected] Ill send some pics and vidcaps of the cells in return.
Thx!
Jay

Back