WX WORX

Just an FYI for all of you that own the WX system I recived notice that the new satillite update will be coming out January 1st. This was from a representative at WXWORX that told me. There's supposed to be a few more new options than just IR/SAT but he didnt get very specific. so when the 1st comes around keep checking the WXWORX site and go to the download link and look for the latest version for the mobile threatnet.

Hope this proves true for all of us id like the new features especially for what we pay a month but its still worth it right?

Take care all

Hope this proves true for all of us id like the new features especially for what we pay a month but its still worth it right?

I hope so because I just ordered a system this week :lol:

They also told me that the satellite imagery would be available after the first of the year, which will be a great addition to the data they provide.

Flying magazine says there is now a $29.99/month option but didn't go into specifics on the differences...

- Rob

LOL I'm wondering the same thing right now. What a mess of a web site for info. Something that doesn't need to be confusing at all they have made it as confusing as possible, likely to charge as much as possible. The hardware certainly shouldn't cost anymore then the other two "packages".

they told me 1500$ retail and 1000$ wholesale.. They hiked the price good so I didnt bother with their distributorship and im going to stick with Wifi this year and wing it i think.. But when it (WORX) works it works good.. man does it..

i got mine for 1299.99 that was a 200 dollar discount, i guess through Andrew Reiving right now for limited time only you can get it at 999.99 .id email him to get the low down on that again he sent me an email, but no longer have it since i already got mine. i woul id like to hear more about this other package there talking about in FLYING.

flying package doesnt have upgraded mapping and thus is hard to figure exactly where your at in relation to the storm as I understand it.

Here are the plans:

Aviation - http://www.xmradio.com/weather/av_service_pricing.html
Marine - http://www.xmradio.com/weather/ma_service_pricing.html
Ground (Responder) - http://www.xmradio.com/weather/grd_service...ce_pricing.html

As you will see, the marine and aviation services have new 29.99 monthly plans.

The Master Mariner is $49.99. I compared this to the Ground service and the only things it does not have that the Ground service has is:

AIRMETs
SIGMETs
Echo Tops
TFRs
Wind Shear Detection
Winds Aloft (at altitude)

Here are the plans:

The Master Mariner is $49.99. I compared this to the Ground service and the only things it does not have that the Ground service has is:

AIRMETs
SIGMETs
Echo Tops
TFRs
Wind Shear Detection

But the updated mapping isnt available with the Marine or Aviation plan...
Maybe someone who is using this can chime in.. But i have been told that it makes it difficult to determine your position in relation to the storm.. Im sure you could wing it though for 50$ less in monthly fees.... (excuse the pun)

I have chased with others that have this system and its sweet when it works..

I have heard that you can get the Ground service for $49.95 a month if you agree to sign up for a year contract. I contacted XM radio customer service and was routed to a "supervisor" who never answered the call transfer. Has anyone else heard about this option and been successful in obtaining it?

Probably wouldnt work out for most Verne.. do to the fact most of us dont chase for 6 months out of the year..

12 months x 50 = 600

4/5 months x 100 = 400 - 500

Just an observation...

Besides it looks like you got the cash wrapped up in that kick ass internet dish your sporting in your avatar... :wink:

Here are the plans:

AIRMETs
SIGMETs
Echo Tops
TFRs
Wind Shear Detection

But the updated mapping isnt available with the Marine or Aviation plan...
Maybe someone who is using this can chime in.. But i have been told that it makes it difficult to determine your position in relation to the storm.. Im sure you could wing it though for 50$ less in monthly fees.... (excuse the pun)

I have chased with others that have this system and its sweet when it works..

They now include the premium mapping with the Mobile Threat Net systems (no matter what plan you are on). Street level down to 1/10 of a mile. That's one of the changes from the way the systems used to be purchased directly from WxWorx.

Signing up full time saves you the $100 activation fee plus I could have used my wxworx system from March thru October this year.

I hate that activation fee - I'm sure it's just a mouse click on your account to set it to active!

Back