Winter Weather Predictions

What kind of winter are we in for this year?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In Edmonton we have started to get about a skiff of snow in the last
two days.We need more for two reasons.
(1)Going down to San Jose CA for Christmas this year and need more
snow to get ecited about the fact im leaving it for 12 days.
(2)The Farmers in Alberta need the moisture in a big way,summers are
getting dryer.I am yet to see a winter were you have to put flags on
car bumpers so you can see them over the snow drifts seperating the
east west lanes on city roads.

I voted above seasonal for Leadville (I am not sure about the rest of the country, probably seasonal). We have had a very wet winter so far. We had 18.8" of snow in October (above average) and 28.8" of snow in November (above average). Today (12/1/05) we got 7" of snow and more snow is forecasted. We have gotten almost 55" of snow in only 2 winter months! Our average is 120", so we are on pace to be well above average. We will see what happens. I hope the southern plains get some precip soon.

Here's the latest graphic on the drought from OUN. Note the Norman pit effect is alive and well.... :roll: The first scientifically-proven weather bubble on the planet.

fxc_Weather_Story.jpg

KR

We are right in the middle of an extreme drought. It's been the driest year I've ever seen. Last winter our snowfall total for the season was about 15" below normal.

We did pick up 2 1/2" last night.

Even though it's still pretty early, I have a good feeling about this season in the middle part of the country. It's been pretty active lately. Lots of decent storm systems with a good supply of moisture.

Back