• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Twister sequel

I wonder if the folks who did the CGI for this film might actually be helpful for science--see here:

"Computer graphic simulations can represent natural phenomena such as tornados, underwater, vortices, and liquid foams more accurately thanks to an advancement in creating artificial intelligence (AI) neural networks."

I am seeing reports on X that Twisters is raising eyebrows at CinemaCon. A new extended trailer that is said to be coming out soon premiered at the event.

Sorry, not impressed. Some of the effects (like the truck magically being lifted into the sign) look silly. I'm sure the public will eat it up just like Twister. Looks a lot like the original Twister, with many of the same elements. I also don't think the people of Oklahoma are stupid enough to let a massive twister creep up on them at a rodeo, although maybe Hollywood is signaling. I was never a big fan of the original Twister either, but most disaster movies are just that, a disaster... except for Godzilla.

New trailer dropped. So have my expectations.
Yet most of us will see in the first few days it is out. While the new trailer does have some things that make me cringe, what appears to be the plot (opposites attract) does seem interesting. I'll say the same thing I said about Supercell - if you go in telling yourself not to critique the move technically you might actually enjoy the movie.

Yet most of us will see in the first few days it is out. While the new trailer does have some things that make me cringe, what appears to be the plot (opposites attract) does seem interesting. I'll say the same thing I said about Supercell - if you go in telling yourself not to critique the move technically you might actually enjoy the movie.
I will definitely go in critiquing the movie. But yeah, I’m planning on seeing it with my dad on the premiere day. Just because a movie like this isn’t realistic doesn’t mean it isn’t enjoyable.

It's going to be popular with the masses I'm sure. But, I feel like chasing is already pretty mainstream and has been for a decade or more. I doubt there are many would-be chasers left who haven't already encountered something that inspired them to start.

Back